Ratdaddy07

BMR trak-pak, any good?

Has anyone ever used this item. Having trouble making my six speed hook, I am getting new LCA's and the LCA relocation bracket, it seems to me that a shorter torque arm like in the Trak-pak would help weight transfer but feed-back from someone who has used it would be nice.

My bro had one as he often encounters traction problems. The one he installed has a black torque-arm.

Ratdaddy07
    Did it help any, is it worth it?

CRL 01 SS
    I have the BMR Trak Pak on my car and it helped out traction a lot, but also increased road noise a good bit. When they say on their site "recommended for the serious enthusiast only" they mean it. It doesn't really bother me, but since everybody's opinion is different, you need to be sure that it's not going to bother you. Any aftermarket torque arm is going to increase road noise a little over the factory torque arm. If road noise is a big issue for you then I'd recommend just going with a torque arm relocation kit and an adjustable torque arm. Don't forget that you will also need subframe connectors to mount the crossbar to if you get the Trak Pak. If you're planning on running true duals on your car later on the Trak Pak's crossbar may also present a problem when routing the pipes. Before you make your decision, I'd also recommend checking out what other companies like Spohn and UMI offer. That way you'll know what all is out there. Was the BMR Trak Pak worth it in my opinion? Yes, it was.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

best one i ever put on my 86TA. on regular 225/60-15 tires, i was getting a 1.76 60ft with a prepped track. kept the 60ft more consistent as well.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by CRL 01 SS View Post
    I have the BMR Trak Pak on my car and it helped out traction a lot, but also increased road noise a good bit. When they say on their site "recommended for the serious enthusiast only" they mean it. It doesn't really bother me, but since everybody's opinion is different, you need to be sure that it's not going to bother you. Any aftermarket torque arm is going to increase road noise a little over the factory torque arm. If road noise is a big issue for you then I'd recommend just going with a torque arm relocation kit and an adjustable torque arm. Don't forget that you will also need subframe connectors to mount the crossbar to if you get the Trak Pak. If you're planning on running true duals on your car later on the Trak Pak's crossbar may also present a problem when routing the pipes. Before you make your decision, I'd also recommend checking out what other companies like Spohn and UMI offer. That way you'll know what all is out there. Was the BMR Trak Pak worth it in my opinion? Yes, it was.

Just get headers and an ORY - who cares about the road noise!

CRL 01 SS
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrack View Post
    who cares about the road noise!
    Some people who use their car as a daily driver do care about road noise and don't want occasional vibrating or clunking sounds coming from the bottom of their car. I was just giving him the facts.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I heard they hang low. So I'd check that out if your planning on going lower. Just with the pro-kit I'll hit the top of speed bumps a little.

Thread Information