White
    2001 camaro SS

BMR spring+lowering A-arm?

If anyone has this set up please let me know what you need to do it? I already have the springs but I wants to get the A-arms next in all this is said to give a 2.25 in drop, that said im running a 275-40-17 up front will this fit without having to buy or do anything else?
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I am lowered 1.3" and it is pretty close to my tire so I would think that would be rubbing quite a bit on your tire, with lowering arms.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Will is right. Anything more then 1.5" and you will rub.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

White
    2001 camaro SS

I have seen it on a camaro before with 18's but im not sure what the full set up was up front or if I can get away with just the a-arms and springs

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

It sure will fit but you will be rubbing without fender modifications. Not to mention in a lot of states lowering springs with lowering arms is illegal and you won't pass inspection. Also you will be scraping on every little bump on the road. I would not get those lowering arms, stick with lowering springs. Plus that slammed look does not look good but it is your car so do what you want.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It also won't help your ride quality at all.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'm on stranos and I was debating the lowering a arms with spacers under the springs to get my ride height where I want it. And I believe hes in fl also so no inspections here.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Yeah where I live ive never heard of having to get an inspection, also the roads are mostly good and no bump plus I already drive like its slammed when seening a bump or rail-road tracks, the car I saw with it had 18-10 wheels on it and no probs, that said yesterday I call BMR and he said guys run the springs+the a-arms with no problems as long as the wheels and off set is right. I think im going to just go for it and buy them.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Good luck. Not sure exactly how low you want it but i'd recommend at least a 1/2" spacer for the spring not to get the full 1" drop. The A-Arms and springs is a lot of drop. I would have purchased those arms by now but BMR's only black is Hammertone which doesn't match anything else on my car. Maybe when i have a little more funding i'll see if i can get a custom gloss black powdercoat. Be sure to post up before and afters.

White
    2001 camaro SS

I feel like it will work just fine, we all know how high the car sits stock. so the 2.25 in drop I dont think is too much but it sure is the stance im going for!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I dropped mine 1.25" and it looks perfect. I really think another inch will slam it. Have you seen any pictures of cars with that big of a drop?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Yes and I love the stance!!! do a search for STI killer camaro and its silver with black weld racing wheel and thats what it will look like. I think its awesome IMO everyone has their own taste

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I will check that out. I'm interested in seeing what it looks like!

White
    2001 camaro SS

Let me know what you think?! cuz Ive seen the car in person also and LOVE it

red
    1999 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Good luck. Not sure exactly how low you want it but i'd recommend at least a 1/2" spacer for the spring not to get the full 1" drop. The A-Arms and springs is a lot of drop. I would have purchased those arms by now but BMR's only black is Hammertone which doesn't match anything else on my car. Maybe when i have a little more funding i'll see if i can get a custom gloss black powdercoat. Be sure to post up before and afters.
    A good idea with the spacer. What would work for a spacer up there? I haven't seen anything specific for that purpose. A bit expensive overall to get a 1/2" drop, but could be worth it if you wanted to get your car to sit just a certain way.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

It's a bit much but it's the best way to drop the car while still maintaining the full range of movement in the front end. BMR sells spring spacers iirc, it's not at the top of my list right now, but I'm not entirely happy with my stance at the moment. If I really wanted to drop my car a little more I could move my konis to the lower perch but its not recommended with lowering springs.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Im getting a great deal on the A-arms so im buying then in the next few days! I think its going to be a awesome set up and look, I called BMR and they said guys are running it with no problems so we will see soon!

Thread Information