Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension question

I have a 02 hawk with the bilstein performance suspension that was a factory option. I have a question regarding the stance of the vehicle. I know the eibach springs lower the vehicle 1"
    I am measuring (on level ground) from the street, up the center of the wheel to the wheel well. On a completely empty tank, I mean read guages light is on the back of the vehicle is about even with the front of the vehicle measuring 27". But on a full tank the back drops 1/2" making the car look like its saggy in the back and I imagine that with people in the car its even worse.
    I have see several ws6 and ss camaros without the belstein ultra suspension and thier stance has them with the back a little higher then the front.
    So my question is if they dropped 1" from stock all around I should still have the rear a little higher then the front. Are my springs that have 13k on them worn out or is this the way this suspension sits? It just doesnt seem or look good.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Sagging and too soft spring rates are a known issue with regular Eibach stuff so maybe it carries over to the Bistein kit? Just one reason I went with Stranos.

White
    2001 Z28

SLP Eibach's do not drop 1". In fact they often don't drop the nose at all (and 27" is about stock height).

In short, you aren't dropped 1" all around. Really about 3/4" in the rear. And all rear springs will drop with added weight as the rear springs aren't super stiff (and shouldn't be). Your real dislike is that the front hasn't dropped and the rear did. My 2001 Z28 was 27" ground to fender in the front, stock.

There are various springs you could run to change that. Mine do tend to drop the nose a little more than the tail on purpose.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

thanks for the informative responses. I purchased the bilstein package with the car because I wanted the handling but I really hate the stance. I really want to keep these springs since it came as a factory package that cost $1100 and I want to keep the car original.
    Is there anything I can do to lift the rear just like 1/2" without buying new springs? Does anyone make spacers?
    Last edited by ~Firehawk~; 11-10-2008 at 04:06 PM.

White
    2001 Z28

Not really anything you can do the rear that's smart to lift it. The only ways are to shim the springs, or put blocks in them to make part of them not compress.

You need to think about if you want the back up, or the front down. Also how you feel about how the car drives. Would you like it better if it was damped better (I personally find the Bilstein's a touch soft, not terrible, but more cruiser than sports car).

Trying to lift your rear springs is a band-aid approach. There are a few options, available to you, including not touching the car.

I'd be happy to talk options with you. I can tell you that since you have a Ultra Suspension your should have 35/21 bars (a great combo) and they should stay. The shocks and springs are so-so for various uses.

If you want some help, feel free to call my tech-line.

Thread Information