Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Better Grab on launch.

Ok, I have completely stock suspension and right now when launching at 2500 even after warming up the tires a bit, I spin into third. Im really getting tired of 350 TPI iroc's smoking me in the 1/4. I need to get better traction off the line but as of now have seen very mixed opinions on suspension mods. I was about to buy BMR weld in boxed SFC's and boxed non-adj LCA's when I went and read through some other posts I saw alot of different ideas. Now i'm not sure what to get to see the best results on launch. I'm looking to spend around $400.00 give or take a hundred. I dont want to sacrifice my handling too much, but some is to be expected. So please make some recommendations as to what I should buy.
    Thanks in advance, Rich

Current Mods-
    -Whisper Lid
    -K&N
    -TB Bypass
    -FRA
    -GMMG cat-back
    -Pro 5.0

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

Buy a set of Drag Radials and put them on a spare set of rims. I cut 1.5 60fts with MTDR's with stock sup. @ 20lbs.
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    AFRs,Cam,Headers,Exhaust,Lid,BGRA,ASP,Vig 3200,Glock 19
    11.55 @ 117mph

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

I already plan on getting 11 inch DR's before the track opens up this year. However i'm looking to get better grab on my street tires, you know red light racing.

Although - That raminds me, i was on summit liioking for the cheap-o 30.00 a piece rims and drag radials. BUTT i have no clue what tire size and what rim size and all the details i need to get the right set. So i was wondering if anyone could help me choose a set of wheels and drag radials that will only be used at the track. Im going to the track in may so i need to start getting everything together
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 03-09-2006 at 04:35 PM.

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

I bought a set of take-offs from SLP(5yrs ago) $50 each, I don't know if they still sell them.

black
    2001 Z28

Bring your launch down to about 1500 -1800 rpm,and see want happens. I can not launch any harder then that. I have a 01 Z28 m6 with boxed lca and a adj. torque arm on stock tires and ran a 13.09 @109.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by zfinke01
    Bring your launch down to about 1500 -1800 rpm,and see want happens. I can not launch any harder then that. I have a 01 Z28 m6 with boxed lca and a adj. torque arm on stock tires and ran a 13.09 @109.

with what other bolt on's did you run this? This will be the first time that I track my 00 Z28 and im trying to gauge around what times, more importantly what MPH I should run.

Plumberguy

what about this

I would put a pair of lower control arms with relocation brackets if your car is lowered.

black
    2001 Z28

No bolt on's only a KN airfilter. You should run mid to low 13's at about 106. Just hit your shift points. I shift at 5500rpm. Good luck and have fun.

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

M-6, With your mods 108-110mph. ET is 60' dependant. I come out at 2500,M-6 is higher with tires.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

just a guess here. you rev up the engine, dump the clutch and floor it at the same time when you launch?

do this. hold rpms about 2000-2300. when you launch, let the clutch out WITHOUT adding any gas. if you aren't spinning, then add as much pedal as fast as you can without spinning the tires. pratice this and you'll see 2.0x 60ft times. this on regular tires. on DRs you'll start seeing 1.8-1.9 60fts.

another way would be to ride (slip) the clutch while maintaining higher rpms during launch.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    just a guess here. you rev up the engine, dump the clutch and floor it at the same time when you launch?

do this. hold rpms about 2000-2300. when you launch, let the clutch out WITHOUT adding any gas. if you aren't spinning, then add as much pedal as fast as you can without spinning the tires. pratice this and you'll see 2.0x 60ft times. this on regular tires. on DRs you'll start seeing 1.8-1.9 60fts.

another way would be to ride (slip) the clutch while maintaining higher rpms during launch.
    Not quite im not inexperienced, i was holding around 2500 and slowly riding out the clutch producing a very quick and smooth launch, at the expense of my clutch. Even with this i sometimes spin.

Im liking your idea though holding at 2 thou then releasing clutch without throttle then catching up with the throttle, seems like it should work well. Ill try it before friday night and see how it works. I really am getting tired of beating up my clutch.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 03-14-2006 at 07:43 PM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Not quite im not inexperienced, i was holding around 2500 and slowly riding out the clutch producing a very quick and smooth launch, at the expense of my clutch. Even with this i sometimes spin.
    sorry about that. wasn't trying to make you look inexperienced. just that's what i typically see and find out when a manual guy is having launching issues. try it the first way i described and get back with us on how it helped/didn't help you.

practice around town and see how it feels.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

also, what tire pressure do you have in the tires? i run 24 psi in my tires. DRs or normal tires.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

a torque arm will help get rid of wheel hop... i have a spohn heavy duty adjustible torque arm with d/s loop, it helped me go 12.69 @ 115

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it can. but not really needed at this juncture. i still have the factory TA on my black car.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    also, what tire pressure do you have in the tires? i run 24 psi in my tires. DRs or normal tires.
    Right now im running 25 in the rear and 30 in the front.

Although I only have them at this when i plan on launching hard. Otherwise I run them at 30-35 psi.

Black
    97 Formula

You can also get a polyurethane tranny mount from Prothane. Can order it through www.spohn.com $20. If you DON'T plan on lowering your car or turning it into a corner carver, you can try a set of V6 rear springs. I hear that they help in the transfer of power to the rear wheels.

Thread Information