Thread: best mods??

Pewter
    02 Camaro SS SLP

best mods??

what would be the best suspension mods or anything of that type to use on my 02?? We have a road course down here for the public and i would just like to know what would be the best mods for such things. Thanks

NBM
    01 Camaro SS

I'm no expert, and I'm getting into the same thing myself. My best guess so far would be to completely redo the suspension - k-members, a-arms, Traction control arm, springs, shocks, etc etc

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm going to move this to the suspension and handling area where those guys can give you some help. I don't do the right turn/left turn thing so my focus is straight line as far as the suspension.
    I do know at a minimum you'd probably want sub frame connectors, sway bars, and some bilsteins.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Strano springs, Koni 3/4 or 4/4 SA shocks are a must for the road course.

All the givens, SFC's, larger sway bars. Sway bar diameter is going to change depending on what you are doing with it.

If you have the money, get the unsprung weight to a minimal is always a great idea for taking the turns. That can get really pricey is a hurry though.

Pewter
    02 Camaro SS SLP

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Strano springs, Koni 3/4 or 4/4 SA shocks are a must for the road course.

All the givens, SFC's, larger sway bars. Sway bar diameter is going to change depending on what you are doing with it.

If you have the money, get the unsprung weight to a minimal is always a great idea for taking the turns. That can get really pricey is a hurry though.
    i just want minor stuff, like im not gonna dog it but i would like just do things to make it handle to wear i can have fun. at the sametime i would like for it to ride smoother. any suggestions??

Hello
    Well one thing that is going to be a must is a adjustable pan hard bar! Because when you lower a vehicle it shifts the rear end and you will be able to adjust it back to the correct position and will eliminate any binding issues as well. Then the next suggestions to help with handling. Like mentioned above would be a set of SFC's (2 pt will work just fine) to help with weight transfer and keep the dimples off of the quarter panels. Then I would suggest new Sway Bars to help with your handling and body roll control. Below is a link so show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...7tva394isn44l5

If anyone has and questions about anything feel free to ask! I will be more than glad to help.
    Thanks
    Brad

black
    1999 camaro SS

I'm doing my suspension half UMI and and half bmr.
    when I make my order I'll post it up. bmr rear extreme sway bar is a monster of a sway bar!

Hello
    Great to Hear! And thanks for choosing UMI Performance for half of your suspension needs. By chance did you notice the rear drag bars that we have to offer? If by chance you didn't below is a link to show you what we have to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...k6scac1sb5anu5

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
    Thanks
    Brad

black
    1999 camaro SS

I read the product description side by side and the only difference is the price so umi wins on that. the only parts that I'm still going to go bmr are LCA and PHB because I like the rod ends. it's funny because my list started out all bmr and the more comparisons I do on products the more I keep switching over to umi for either price difference or quality difference

Thread Information