Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best kit for lowering...

just wondering what the best kit to lower the car was.. lookin to add that flavor to my car soon.. so any input would be a great help!

Navy Blue Metallic
    01 SS,TT, SLP, M6

If you want to still daily drive it my vote is hotchkis. It looks the way it should have come from the factory!
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...g1/auto008.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...g1/auto009.jpg Usually a two finger gap but on a slight hill.
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...g1/auto006.jpg
    BEST KIT? is individuals taste! Do yo want handling, slammed, lower yet comfortable? Some discriptive words that will help us give you sugestions.
    Hotchkis are low enough to make daily driving fun. But might want to shave the bump stops a bit as on large bumps FWY its a little jaring. but over all decent ride.
    Find someone with the drop you like and ride in it first before you purchase, if possable. Also take into consideration what rims tires they have, bigger rims with lower profile will make the ride firmer.
    Last edited by driving; 02-03-2007 at 09:53 AM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Talking

I used to know this girl in high school with a 4 finger gap!!! Way to big in my opinion! hahahahahah

thanks man.. i like the look of that.. any other openions?

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

depends what your goals are.
    what kind of spring rate you wanna go with ?
    then chose according shocks for proper damping.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

im not really doin it for performance reasons.. i mean if could gain it'd be nice.. but its not a real need.. i dont road race to much.. juts drag.. im mainly doing it for the looks.. so yea.. imlookin for something like the one above

Navy Blue Metallic
    01 SS,TT, SLP, M6

for drag they were a big impovement over stock in terms of wheel hop, but still no traction with my 275 P-zero nero's a little too hard of a compound for the track. It did make for some good smokey burnouts, also you going to need new shocks ,i didnt cause of cash at the time. Stock shocks dont like the drop. Looking into some bilstien revalves myself.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by mst219 View Post
    im not really doin it for performance reasons.. i mean if could gain it'd be nice.. but its not a real need.. i dont road race to much.. juts drag.. im mainly doing it for the looks.. so yea.. imlookin for something like the one above
    still wanna drive the car around ?
    consider the drop you want and look @ the spring rates that are available for that drop and chose the one the will meet your needs better based on the available suspension travel and spring rates... than you still need to get shocks for proper damping... you want the car to remain controllable and somewhat decent confort/handling, safe to drive.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I've been really happy with my Pro-Kit. Sure I scrape speed bumps from time to time. But nothing ever major. I just love the look.

And yes, it is the Pro-Kit.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

I have tried two different kits; the Eibach Sportline with Tokiko 5-way adjustables...that kit slammed the car and rode on the bump stops a lot...too low for a DD or even a racer. I switched the the Eiboch Pro-kit with some revalved Bilsteins which rasied it back up some, but still significantly lowered from stock with major improvements as far as drivability and staying off the bump stops. Better handling for auto x'ing as well.

RED
    99 Trans Am

yea im actually lookin into lowering my car to ... if so would that stop my car from the front end lifting up when i take off then it like bounces back down when i let the gas off a lil .. and when i say lift up i dont mean like the wheels poppin of the ground just like flyin around someone in front of you

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Yes, lowering your car with upgraded springs, shocks and a sway bar would decrease the amount of travel you see in the front end under acceleration...keep in mind, as much torque as these cars have, you will never stop that upward movement...it is as natural as gravity.

RED
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Yes, lowering your car with upgraded springs, shocks and a sway bar would decrease the amount of travel you see in the front end under acceleration...keep in mind, as much torque as these cars have, you will never stop that upward movement...it is as natural as gravity.
    k thanx any suggestions on which kit?

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Read the other replys above, which I am sure you already have. There are TONS of sring/shock combinations to choose from, it all depends what you are trying to get out of your set up. DD's would want a different set up then auto x'ers and even different for drag racers. I saw another thread where someone recommended Sam Strano, so I guess it is ok to advertise him here. He knows F-bodies like the back of his hand and has raced them in all types of motorsports. I have talked to him a number of times and have always been given sound advice.

Most of all it depends how thick your wallet is. If mine was bottomless, I would go with ground control coil-overs and keep the same revalved Bilsteins I have now. As far as sway bars go...I have a 35mm f and 21mm r and I find that set up works well for my auto x'ing and is exceptional for a DD as well. Don't go any bigger than that in the rear or you may stiffen it too much and cause your tail to become too happy going into (or coming out of) fast curves. Don't forget subframe connectors as well...they help our F-bodies immensly and give you a good jacking point as well...SLP 3 pt for my T/A.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahunter View Post
    I've been really happy with my Pro-Kit. Sure I scrape speed bumps from time to time. But nothing ever major. I just love the look.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

what size rims do you got.. i like the look and was thinkin bout getting the samething..I have 18's all around and just wanted a nice drop but still want the performance.. does it ride stiff.?? I mean really stiff..

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    what size rims do you got.. i like the look and was thinkin bout getting the samething..I have 18's all around and just wanted a nice drop but still want the performance.. does it ride stiff.?? I mean really stiff..
    In front I have 17x9.5 and in back I have 18x10.5; Motorsport Z06 wheels.
    The ride isn't too harsh; I just feel the road/bumps more - sometimes quite a bit more. But I am vary careful to avoid big pot holds on the road if I can. I have been in other F-bodies with a really bad ride.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

In front I have 17x9.5 and in back I have 18x10.5; Motorsport Z06 wheels.
    The ride isn't too harsh; I just feel the road/bumps more - sometimes quite a bit more. But I am vary careful to avoid big pot holds on the road if I can. I have been in other F-bodies with a really bad ride.
    wuts your setup.. Blistin shocks and pro kit from eibach..?? Thats what i'm looking into..

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

That's it. Setup works great for me.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

That's it. Setup works great for me.
    thanks dog.. hollat at cha later..

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thumbs up

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

PSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!
    THAT LOOKS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish my back wasnt messed up I would definately lower mine exactly like that. That looks so pissed!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information