Black
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Anyone see a problem with this?

Not new to the site, just had to get a new s/n as my college e-mail account is being deleted since I graduated recently. It was 2000_Black_WS6

Anyways, Car goes in Monday to get the front springs on and an alignment (dirt cheap + free alignment since they put the wrong wheel bearing on the car first time it was there). I bought adjustable shocks/struts while I was at it. I read up on how easy it was to change the shocks and springs in the rear and was going to do this myself tomorrow (only free day I'll have till Monday) to save a couple more bucks. Car would still need to be driven around after this and I did want to run it at the reopening of the local drag strip on Friday night. So, good idea or bad idea? And if bad, how bad and why, lol.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

also, the springs are sportlines

Silver
    2002 Z28

I did the full suspension on mine when I had it, was 17 with little mechanical background. Not to hard just find a guide on ls1howto etc.

Sportlines are too aggressive for the street, will be bumpy. I have a prokit, works very nice. Just bought Hal QA1 shocks, what shocks did you get?

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Went ahead and did the complete rear today. LCA relocation brackets, Adj. panhard bar, sportline springs, and KYB adjustable shocks. Everything went well and was really easy, front is all still stock stuff. I'm just gonna look like a Mexican riding around for a few days with the rear dropped and the front end sticking up. I was just afraid of this set-up having some adverse reaction for a few days. I know the KYB shocks are junk but they were dirt cheap and I have a buddy that wants them when I save up for some Koni SA or DAs. Let me know how the QA1s work out for you, those are a possibility too. I was a little pissed that Eibach didn't make the matching pro-dampers for the f-bodies or I would have just sprung for the entire kit.

I've heard quite a bit about how the sportlines are a bit much for the street but I will be getting another car in the near future and I'm looking to set the T/A up more for AutoX and road course action, as well as making it a weekender. Next up is some Double-D SFCs and sway bar, anti-roll, and whatnot.

But damn does it look stupid right now.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Well, not more than 30 min after I finished my hard work was rewarded with a citation. Took it down the street, turned around and at the intersection no more than 1/4 mile from my house I decided to see how the new set-up hooked up. Just my luck the car approaching the intersection from the left was a ****ing cop and by the time I got back into the garage TWO cops with lights and sirens came flying up the drive. Explained what I had done and was testing out and the cop said thats cool and checked out the work I had done then started talking about how nice the house was, talked about my dog and his, then started commenting how nice the car was. Then proceeded to pull out his ticket book and write one up. Nice guy huh?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Bummer, Real nice guy...
    Any ways, on the street you want to keep the shocks set stiff ( front 6-8 ) & when you get to the track turn them soft ( 1 ) for weight transfer ! Good Luck !

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Thank you.

I've got a bit of a creaking noise coming from somewhere back there in turns and such now. Doesn't sound like anything too major, just kinda like stepping on an old wood floor board that lasts the duration of the turn. I'm just a little paranoid, I don't like any sounds its not supposed to make. I'm about 100% possitive I've installed everything right. Is this normal for installing the new shocks/springs, especially with the significan't drop the sportlines give?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Maybe one of the springs isn't seated in the cradle correctly ??? Or,get some WD-40 and spray the spring seats !!! See if that's the noise.

Silver
    2002 Z28

had a similar problem, but much louder. The nut on top of the struts was not tightened all the way down.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Land Shark View Post
    Not new to the site, just had to get a new s/n as my college e-mail account is being deleted since I graduated recently. It was 2000_Black_WS6

Anyways, Car goes in Monday to get the front springs on and an alignment (dirt cheap + free alignment since they put the wrong wheel bearing on the car first time it was there). I bought adjustable shocks/struts while I was at it. I read up on how easy it was to change the shocks and springs in the rear and was going to do this myself tomorrow (only free day I'll have till Monday) to save a couple more bucks. Car would still need to be driven around after this and I did want to run it at the reopening of the local drag strip on Friday night. So, good idea or bad idea? And if bad, how bad and why, lol.
    we can merge both accounts and have Ed update the info on it.... let us know.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information