SOM
    2002 SS

Anyone run Sportlines with Konis ??????

Like the title says. just curious if anyone has run this setup before. I plan to buy the shocks tomorrow from tirerack.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Please, don't run the Koni's with the sportline springs! You'll never be able to truly enjoy the Koni's with those springs. If you really want a ride height like the sportline springs but with a lot better handling and ride then get something like a Ground Control ride height adjustable kit w/550 on up to 625lb.in. springs and do the "Upper Mount Mod". Or just about any front lowering spring with at least a 525 lb.in. spring rate (KB Hypercoils,Hotchkis, LTI prokit,BMR,etc....) and the U.M.M. and the koni's on the lower perch
    Last edited by Blue28; 02-23-2010 at 12:17 AM.

SOM
    2002 SS

I kind of forgot about the ground controls for a while there. I wasnt waiting for the stranos and I didnt want pro kits since sportlines supposedly suck so bad i dont want another eibach. The ride seems great and the car does handle great with the 18s so I figured if the kybs sucked AS bad as everyone says surely it will ride better with the konis.
    ANyone know what the spring rates are for the sportlines ? I'm trying to google it not coming up with much.

I still dont think the sportlines are as bad as everyone says. Ill always go back to my brothers 97 ss that has sportlines on the stock level II slp suspension which Im sure had Bilsteins. We drove that car to vancouver and back from toronto, tracked it at mosport and dragd it at englishtown. We never once discussed how the ride sucked. I am not wanting to compare with my car since mine is a base z with stock bushings, puny sway bars etc but I figure since everyone says there is a better ride without sportlines I'm just going off that.

Going to give ground control a call.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

360 lb.in. front, and 80-137 lb.in. rear.
    You'll find a lot of spring rates for our cars here.
    http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    360 lb.in. front, and 80-137 lb.in. rear.
    You'll find a lot of spring rates for our cars here.
    http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
    Very sweet link! If I had only known pro kits had stiffer rates i would have said hell with the drop difference. i assumed by Eibachs garbage advertising that they were more for a 'racier' feel or whatever the description is on most websites and that they were stiffer.

I'll do some research on rates I think I have the freedom to choose with ground control. I want* rock solid with as little roll and dive at all speeds. I want to be able to carve through traffic in 4th gear at insane speeds and be in control. I'd rather feel my sidewall flex from my tires than the suspension. I'll be doing sway bars too if I'm happy with all this stuff.

I'd liek to buy from Sam but I called a few times and could never get a hold of him. He did call back once but I also have been killing him with pms and questions and the responses just dont seem to come back anymore. i kinda feel like I've annoyed him I'll try him again when I'm ready to order.
    Last edited by 5abivt; 02-23-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'm glad you've been happy with your sportline springs, but I just wanted you to know that there's better riding/handling options out there, even at the same ride height as the sportline springs.

Good luck with your choice!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im kinda shocked how stiff the rates are on edelbrock springs. There actually not priced bad either.

Thread Information