Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Anyone have BMR Boxed SFCs & lowering springs?

Does anyone have BMR boxed SFCs & lowering springs? I'm just curious because I just got an Eibach Pro-Kit for Christmas and I'm wondering if I'm going to have any clearance issues with those SFCs once I put the Pro-Kit on the car. I believe the Pro-Kit drops the car 1.5" (Front) & 1.3" (Rear). Any info regarding this matter will be much appreciated.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

straight off BMR site

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Website
    Which one do I choose? - While you can't go wrong with either design, use the following to determine your order: If strength is your number one priority, choose the boxed design. Boxed tubing is torsionally stronger than round tubing however you will lose approximately 3/4" of ground clearance when using this style. If your car is lowered and ground clearance is the prime concern, go with the tubular model. While round tubing is not as strong torsionally, there are other features to these subframe connectors that make them more rigid than most other tubular models available.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I read that off of their site before. However, I didn't really plan on lowering the car when I put the Boxed SFCs on, my prime concern was strength. But since I've got a Pro-Kit for free, I now want to lower the car. I was just wondering if anyone had the boxed SFCs and a 1" drop and how clearance is. I figure I'll be OK as long as I don't have much more of a drop than what the Pro-Kit will do. For example, going with the Sportline lowing kit from Eibach drops the car 1.9"+. That might be a little much with boxed SFCs. However, I'm not going to get rid of my boxed SFCs just because I'm going to be putting lowering springs on. I'm just trying to get a feel for how the car will be once I drop it with my existing setup. Thanks again.

Black
    97 Formula

Your exhaust will hit the ground before the sfc will.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

From what many people have said, it seems that the Y-pipe will scrape before anything else. Especially once I go with an aftermarket piece. Thanks for the info Warbird.
    Pro 5.0 shifter, CAGS, Borla Exhaust, Direct-Flo Lid, K&N Air Filter, Fast Toys Ram Air Kit, BMR STB, BMR Adjustable PHB, BMR Boxed & Welded SFCs, Metco Boxed LCAs w/ Relocation brackets, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, Koni SA Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit.

Arctic White
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bad99ta
    Does anyone have BMR boxed SFCs & lowering springs? I'm just curious because I just got an Eibach Pro-Kit for Christmas and I'm wondering if I'm going to have any clearance issues with those SFCs once I put the Pro-Kit on the car. I believe the Pro-Kit drops the car 1.5" (Front) & 1.3" (Rear). Any info regarding this matter will be much appreciated.
    I actually have a 99 Z28 with the Eibach Pro-Kit and Mac Headers and Y pipe. I almost always scrape the Y pipe going over speed bumps and out of some driveways. After recently installing the BMR Boxed Subframe connecters I still scrape the Y pipe but have yet scrape the subframe connectors. I also have the factory ground effects on the car and they sit lower than those subframe connectors do. I doubt you will have any issues with that combo.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by krazyz28
    I actually have a 99 Z28 with the Eibach Pro-Kit and Mac Headers and Y pipe. I almost always scrape the Y pipe going over speed bumps and out of some driveways. After recently installing the BMR Boxed Subframe connecters I still scrape the Y pipe but have yet scrape the subframe connectors. I also have the factory ground effects on the car and they sit lower than those subframe connectors do. I doubt you will have any issues with that combo.
    Thanks for the good info, I really appreciate it. Do you think that you can do major damage to your Y-pipe if you scrape it enough? Just wondering.

Arctic White
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bad99ta
    Thanks for the good info, I really appreciate it. Do you think that you can do major damage to your Y-pipe if you scrape it enough? Just wondering.
    Im sure if you scrape it enough the flat spots will eventually open up. As long as your going slow when going over speed bumps and stuff, you should be ok, plus your exhaust hangers will allow some movement.

I scape alot, but always keep it under 1mph when i do and its held up fine so far.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i got confused in the reading....does a stock Y on a ws.6 scrape?

Arctic White
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i got confused in the reading....does a stock Y on a ws.6 scrape?
    It shouldn't. The stock Y is flattened on the driver side to allow better ground clearance.
    Since im running an after market Y-pipe without the flattened section on it and Mid length headers, my exhuast sits a lot lower than the stock one did.

Thread Information