black
    95 trans am

Thumbs up anyone with eibach lowering springs

looking to get the 1.5 inch drop lowering springs for my trans am. Anybody with them now on their ride and whats their opinion on them?....thanks for all the help and advice in advance everyone! 9 more weeks and I'll have her on the road again!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

ProKit on mine.
    Pretty aggressive drop. Ride is a little rough. Takes a stout strut/shock to handle them.
    Stance is very nice though.
    Not the best for launching the car at the strip.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Pro kit and revalved Bilsteins on mine. Nice drop, handles great on the autocross course.

Read all the other threads below...tons on the best kits for lowering, shock debates, etc. The best advice I can give is don't go with one certain kit because it's the best deal and the cheapest price. If you go cheap, or don't do enough research, you will end up unhappy with your set-up. I am on my third set-up because I wasn't happy...gets damn expesive doing the same mods that you have already done just because you went against advice, thought you knew better or tried to go cheap.

I would recommend calling Sam Strano and talking to him. if you tell him what your goals are for your car (drag, street, strip, autocross, etc) he can recommend a set-up that will work and order it for you right there if you want.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

black
    95 trans am

Thumbs up thanx

hey everyone just wanted to say thanx for all your input. Its been a great deal of help and any other info would be appreciated aswell!......this Ls1 board is great!

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

hi stefos... with eibach, the prokits are the way to go... if you click on the link in my sig, you'll see the car w/ prokits as well.
    you have to consider shocks, though.
    btw, welcome to the board... and out of curiosity, where in Canada you're from ?
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Prokit on my car. Loved them the day they went on, and still do today...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    ...I would recommend calling Sam Strano and talking to him. if you tell him what your goals are for your car (drag, street, strip, autocross, etc) he can recommend a set-up that will work and order it for you right there if you want.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.
    +1

I I have the pro-kit with KYB AGX shocks. I like the setup, but would do the Koni's if I did it again with the same springs.

Red
    1999 Z28 Convertible

I dont like the ride with my Eibachs. It is avery harsh ride. I am palnning to put on some Konis and then I will see if I still like them. I might take them out and go with some Hotchkiss. They are suppose to be a softer ride. the stance is nice but I aslo feel that the 18" tires that have such a small side wall contribute to the ride. If the springs were a little taller I could put a bigger tire on and maybe get a better ride.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by mrbob2 View Post
    I dont like the ride with my Eibachs. It is avery harsh ride. I am palnning to put on some Konis and then I will see if I still like them. I might take them out and go with some Hotchkiss. They are suppose to be a softer ride. the stance is nice but I aslo feel that the 18" tires that have such a small side wall contribute to the ride. If the springs were a little taller I could put a bigger tire on and maybe get a better ride.
    what shocks you have now ? don't blame the springs if the shocks can't damp the springs correctly.
    harshness is attained by non-matched spring-rates w/ given shocks or unmatched shocks w/ a given spring-rate, depending on how you see it.

Blog Entries

Black
    1999 Trans am

I have eibach 1.5" lowering springs and bilstein shocks that are rated for this spring set. Ride is very tight and handles great. Could'nt believe the improvment. Money well spent. Looks are great with the lowered stance. Trans Am's look so mean when lowered.

Red
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Shocks

Right now I have the stock shocks on and can tell that they are shot. The car handles like it is on rails around the corners. The rough ride comes in dips and holes in the roads. It is the chop in the roads that makes the car ride bad. I now the shocks are gone at 40k so I am looking forward to the Konis. Are these springs stiffer then other brands? If the shocks don't help the ride then what springs should I try?
    Thanks, Bob

Thread Information