Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thumbs up Amazing Kit from Strano and UMI

http://www.umiperformance.com/FBR003?category_id=162

I have to post this up, I just saw this and am really cursing that it wasn't available when I was upgrading my car. For less than $2000 you can completely overhaul your fbody suspension with this Strano/UMI kit. It has to be the best all-in-one package i've ever seen.

Front & Rear Strano/Koni Shock Set-up
    Strano Performance Lowering Spring Set
    Strano Performance 35mm Front Sway Bar
    Strano Performance 22mm Rear Sway Bar
    Bolt-in Relocation Bracket Set
    Adjustable Panhard Bar
    Shock Tower Brace
    Subframe Connector Set

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

why not get the same package directly from Strano himself that is a sponsor here ?
    http://www.stranoparts.com
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

White
    2001 Z28

That's what I was wondering....

Of note, some of the items in that kit aren't currently in stock. And what's more, I don't like pre-packaged kits (i.e. I didn't put the entire thing together) when there are so many options available. Call me old fashioned, but I like to work with the customer to insure the parts are what's needed.

No offense to anyone, but selling parts is one thing... setting them up, and knowing how they work is quite another.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you still get paid if someone buys the kit from them though yes/no?

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

still get better service/price if buy directly from the source.

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

thats what im saving up for as a Christmas present for myself. almost there

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you still get paid if someone buys the kit from them though yes/no?
    But the customer doesn't get the setup information. I will not give out shock settings, alignment settings, and all that sort of information for parts that I didn't retail.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    still get better service/price if buy directly from the source.
    not a better price but, better service he may be able to work with you on price but service is what you are looking for. You can spend all the money in the world, easy on a prebuilt setup but if you want to change anything you will be SOL and going by trial and error. Why not just take it from someone who has already been there and tested it all. strano has it down to a science and can tell you exactly what you should set all your adjustables to for whatever you are doing ie.. street, autox, strip... you pay for his very well earned and experienced knowledge and i believe is well worth it IMHO just my .02.

White
    2001 Z28

Want to know a dirty secret? Packages are meant to draw easy attention. For a while I had a number of them up as well but later took them down as folks were forever wanting to substitute this or that for something already included. Frankly it was a pain, and largely eliminated any ease of pre-packaging once the substitutions started.

Add the to the fact that I sell the Koni's and my springs and ship them for free vs. charging shipping and then discounting the parts and you are already saving a significant amount of money. Add to that fact the background information and I think it's a no brainer to just call a person (me) you know can answer your questions, help you setup the shocks, and sell you only what you need and no more, for a particular goal.

What I'm most disappointed in is how some on this site are willing to go check out other vendors sites (even if they are selling some of my parts) and but not a site or section sponsor who is also around a fair bit. FWIW, I'm probably dropping LS1.com from my advertising as it's not been paying off like other sites and I need to allocate my budget to those places that work the best for me.... this is a prime example of how I make myself available to talk to folks, answer questions, but in the end it doesn't really pan out.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Sam, I simply saw your name on half of the kit and only meant to post it as a congradulatory remark. Wasn't intending to upset you.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

First off ONE Piece of that kit is really bad for your optimum handling... sam knows which one it is... and I have the loyalty to him not to post things I have learned directly from him on a public forum.

TSS after re-reading your first post... there are a few other parts you don't need also. It's no secret that many of us don't believe in the shock tower brace, or sub frame connectors except for special applications.

I've dealt with a lot of people and sam is by far one of the most helpful, honest and most knowledgeable people I've ran into.

Sure Sam will make some money from the kit being on the manufacturing side, However YOU will save money, and get much better service through him than you will UMI. nothing against them. (other than poor instructions)(I have heard they are being re written) But as a retail sale direct he will also get to make money on the parts from UMI and more money on his original parts. If that makes sense.

Lastly to me, Sam is an inventor and developer of much of the setup, and I firmly believe in rewarding the initiative behind that to the fullest extent. ....

TSS if you have any questions feel free to ask me. ..... i just won't tell you how to set up koni's...

Thread Information