Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Alignment Issue?

I got new tires about 3 weeks ago, and got a 4 wheel Aliment last week. Still at about 75mph the steering wheels is a bit shaky. Is this normal in our cars? If not i can go demand another Aliment, bc it seems with the Aliment i have to turn about 5 degrees left to go straight... btw ive tied on many roads.

Thanks.
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Mine shakes, but I have a ton of miles. Shaking wouldnt be caused by an alignment. Out of balances tires would.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yup. Most likey out of balance tire(s). Go back to where you bought the tires and tell them it shakes around 75 MPH. If you're lucky it will be out of balance tires. Not so lucky it may be a bent wheel.

The other issue is it sounds like your steering wheel is crooked. Your tires/wheels can be in proper alignment to not wear out the tires, but the steering wheel can be not aligned to the tie rods correctly. Did you get a printout on the alignment? What does it say? I do 10 alignments a week, among other things.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

No, i didn't get a print out. But i know that one wheel has a small bent on the inside, just enough to see it, i think they said that it was the back wheel, so it would effect it much, if it did at all.

So with that being said, should i worry about it since i know i have that small bent? But should i go back about the steering wheel being crooked?

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

maybe your hubs are in their way out... check how much play you have on them.
    Apart from that... are the wheels all balanced properly ?
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    No, i didn't get a print out. But i know that one wheel has a small bent on the inside, just enough to see it, i think they said that it was the back wheel, so it would effect it much, if it did at all.

So with that being said, should i worry about it since i know i have that small bent? But should i go back about the steering wheel being crooked?
    Yes take it back. If you don't like the crooked steering wheel, and you shouldn't, take it back.

And tell them about the shaking at 75 also, tell them to verify it really is a bent wheel. Did you have the shake @ 75 with the old tires?

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yes take it back. If you don't like the crooked steering wheel, and you shouldn't, take it back.

And tell them about the shaking at 75 also, tell them to verify it really is a bent wheel. Did you have the shake @ 75 with the old tires?
    They showed me the bent, and yea on the old tires it was worse.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Then sounds like a new wheel or two for the shake issue. Are your wheels OE? I personally like the stock wheels on my WS6. The SLP Camaros had specific wheels?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I just took a set of stock wheels off that one of them had a bent lip and cracked over time but they balanced out perfect. I could run 100 with out any vibration. look at how much wieght they put on the wheels. If there is alot of weight they need to take the tire off and rotate it on the wheel. Bent wheels don't really show any balance isue on a none road force tire ballencing machine(most comon). Wheels that are bent will normally ballance out and ride like shit and no matter how many times you ballance them it wont go away. Wheels are not perfect and tires are also not perfect so if they managed to line up those two bad spot (Which happens more than not) it will cause the wheel to need alot of wieght to balance it. If they used clip on style weights, you will be more likley to throw it or have it move on the wheel. Best way to do it is find a place that will use weights that mount inside the center of the wheel not those clip ons. Clip on wieghts also damage the wheel. Hope you figure it out.

rotors warped? a few times to the track caused me 2 get new ones

Thread Information