Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Question 2 or 3 point sub frames??

I have a 02 trans am and i was looking to put on some sub frames. My engine is pretty much stock so im sure its not pushin much more with a few mods that i have. I dont think ill be gettin any super chargers or nitrus . Should i get the 2 point sub frame or go from the 3 pointer? i think the 3 might be overkill but i really dont know thats why i need your help!!!

Thanks,
    Tony

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I'm not sure I have UMI 3 points and I wouldn't trade them. I plan on going as far as virtually possible though as far as streetable horsepower. If you aren't going to do much to yours I guess you will be fine. I would definitely get something though, you won't regret it I promise you.
    UMI sfc,whisper lid,k-n,diablo,shift kit,kooks long tubes-N-y-pipe,Borla 3" cat-back,power bond underdrive pulley,msd wires,front- baer gt brakes, slotted and drilled rotors , braided lines,tuned and dyno'd.345 HP and 354 torque

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

I say 3 point anyways just because your motor from the factory makes alot of power

White
    1998 Trans Am

Go 3pt... If you go with the extreme duty torque arm in the future, it will bolt right up to the 3rd inner points of the sub frame connectors !!! Giving the car more lift on launches !!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

3, no doubt

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

2pt are okay, but 3pts are better. I personally would only install 3 pts, due to they give support for front to back and side to side loads. Where 2 pts really just give front to back support.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

3pt FTW
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I have decided to go with 3 point bolt in's ( i can always have welded later) and also because the toque arm will bolt up when i'm done. and i want to make a totally bad assed car so why not be able to handle like one too!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I think the weld in and bolt in are the same... The bolt in comes with the bolts ! I bought the weld in, and it had all the bolt holes. You made a smart choice !!!

black trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    I think the weld in and bolt in are the same... The bolt in comes with the bolts ! I bought the weld in, and it had all the bolt holes. You made a smart choice !!!
    wich sfc did u get?

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

bills98ta,
    What torque arm set up will bolt to a 3 point sfc? I just ordered 2 point sfc. I will be going with an extreme duty torque arm soon with the 9" install...might have to go with the 3 point for rigidity.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBob View Post
    bills98ta,
    What torque arm set up will bolt to a 3 point sfc? I just ordered 2 point sfc. I will be going with an extreme duty torque arm soon with the 9" install...might have to go with the 3 point for rigidity.
    The extreme duty will bolt up to it. The 3pt shares the same holes on the bolt up...

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

is there any brand that u guys recommend

White
    1998 Trans Am

I used the spohn... Here's an EBay link with nice pics, but you can find a better price on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02...QQcmdZViewItem

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I can't speak from personal esperience. but having looked at pictures and other threads here

UMI ROCKS! very good stuff. They make a 3 point SFC and a torque arm relocation bracket that has a drive shaft loop in it. They both bolt up to the same holes. I've thought about this but will have to wait until i have more money.

Steve

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

ok thanks those do look good hows the clearance with those brands

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

UMI 3 pt. SFC's

I just bought a set of UMI 3 pt. SFC's and will be installing this weekend. They are an awesome looking piece, nice welds and good pwder coating. It will almost be a shame to put them under the car. I bought bolt in one's and may get them welded in later. My reason for not welding in right away is just for flexibility if I decide to sell my 02 SS LE, someone may want a more "stock" car. I spoke to the UMI people a few times and they were very helpful over the phone. UMI did not try and sell my something I did not need. I told them I had a few questions and they immediately asked what my plans were for the car. I also recently bought an adjustable panhard bar from UMI and I am very happy with that also.

My $ 0.02 worth is go with UMI 3 pt. SFC's. I will post an update on how the install goes.
    Take Care.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Nice, Price?.. i don't think i found a website for UMI directly..

Can't wait to get my T/A on the road

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

UMI 3 pt. SFC's

You can buy them directly from UMI: http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=129

Or: Stranoparts.com

Or you can give Young a call at BYUNSPEED.COM. I got the lowest price from him, but not by a huge amount. You can PM me for details.

I just finished installing my UMI 3-pt SFC's and they are AWESOME. They tuck up against the body so nice that you can not see them unless you crouch down to look under the car. Two people are definitely needed for the install as they are heavy and some physical force may be required. My biggest problem was with using a BMR driveshaft safety loop with the UMI 3-pt. SFC's. Both pieces bolt up in the same location at the center of the car. We took our time and got everything to bolt up. It was tight but we did not have to break out the dremel. I have not driven the car since installing, but the setup looks awesome and looks like it will really tie the car together. UMI's website has some nice pictures of them installed on a car. The UMI 3-pt. SFC's are expensive, but well worth every penny (IMO) and they are cheaper than SLP or Hotchkis SFC's and I believe fit tighter against the body than any other 3-pt. on the market. Again, just my opinion and just like noses, every has one.
    If you only are concerned about going in a straight line (drag strip) then I would recommend UMI 2-pt. SFC's, but if you want to do some SCCA or like taking off ramps at double the posted speed limit, then the 3-pt.'s are the way to go. Take Care.

Black
    1999 Trans Am FIREHAWK

I was looking at some SFC`s myself I was looking at SLP one`s but it seems everyone on the site has UMI`s . Now UMI`s are cheeper ( non-moly ) are they lighter & better than SLP`s ?
    1999 T/A FIREHAWK - SLP Lid & Bellow,LT`s & Catted Y & Power-Flo Catback , MSD & NGK , UMI 3P SFC,ADJ PHB,STB,LCA`s & Relos , Eibach Pro Kit , Bilstine/SLP Shocks , MAC Diff Cover , BFG & OE Wheels C5DD 18x9.5/10.5 , HID 8000K Headlights - Dyno`d @ 319.07 HP & 327.23 Ft-lb ( Tuned by Champ Motors )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information