Thread: 18's how low?

black
    01 ws6

18's how low?

Im looking to buy some z06 replica 18's or other chrome wheels, what other are out there for under 1200 including the tires? How much can I drop the car? I mostly do freeway driving and the roads here in San Diego are pretty good, my old car was dropped 2 inches w/ 18's. What's a decent shock/spring combo to get good comfortable ride? Im not so much worried about performance as I am about comfort and drop ammount. Girls get in my car so I don't want them complaining about bumpy ride damn women. Thanks guys
    If it's best to buy all the parts and just wait Ill do that also, but would it be ok to just drop it for a couple of weeks and save up for good shocks? Im looking to spend $500 maybe just to start but that's what I have now. thanks!
    Last edited by eddielb; 05-01-2006 at 05:42 PM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

to change the shocks on the front, you have to remove the spring from the shock. so, if you do springs, then shocks, you'll be doing the same work twice. if you are paying for the work to be done, that's double the money. ride quality when lowering suffers from a comfy standpoint. because the spring has less room to compress before coil bnd and hitting of the bumpstops, the spring companies increase the spring rate. this makes for a stiffer ride. how much you consider ok is up to you. persoanlly, i won't lower any of my cars because i don't want the ride any stiffer/bouncier than what it is now.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information