Why is the Vette M6 better than the Fbody M6?

I did a search and couldnt find a lot of people complaining about their Corvette M6. But of course there are tons of problems with the M6 found in the fbodies. I thought they were the same transmission with slight changes to make it fit etc. whats the huge difference?

The Vette T56 has a higher-capacity synchronizer system . It is also avalable it two ratio sets. Most of the problems you hear about of Fcars are driver-induced( yep ).Poor driving habits and poorly-executed mods will account for the lion's share of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 30thbird View Post
    The Vette T56 has a higher-capacity synchronizer system . It is also avalable it two ratio sets. Most of the problems you hear about of Fcars are driver-induced( yep ).Poor driving habits and poorly-executed mods will account for the lion's share of the issues.
    Well that makes since. Is the "higher capacity syncro system" something that is transferable(to fbodies)? Or would that be a waste compared to other options? Especially if the probs are driver induced in the first place....

And are the two ratios you speak of seperated into the C5 and zo6? Or is that totally off haha.

It is the same tranny...The Z06 i believe is an M12 6-speed and the the regular vette and fbody are M6. The Z06 has slightly different ratios and is stoubter. Don't waste your time with the synchros.

Keep in mind that F-bodies are generally driven buy a younger, inexperienced, testosterone driven generation (including myself ) and the vette is statistically driven by more experienced older folks who don't beat the hell out of their cars as badly; this is also why vette insurance is actually slightly cheaper than f-body insurance.

You can fit the Vette synchros into you Fcar with a little finesse. If you don't need the higher synchro capacity, you won't notice a difference( as it will be unused). If you wanted the 2.97 ratio set from a Z06, you would also need the Vette synchros as a package.

Thread Information