Thread: Ugh

DaGeneral

Ugh

Here it goes, I recently purchased my SS Camaro and now I feel like the clutch is gone. The guy has legitamate proof that it has around 2 months and only 2000 miles on it so I really cant place blame on him. Here is how it goes...

I put the car in first and the clutch simply is not engaging. It gets loud and sounds like its overreving and I slowly move. A nasty smell comes from the car when this happens and smells like something is burning. I had driven a Manual car sparingly and knew how to drive, could I have messed up the clutch in a little over 3 days? My friend was riding passenger and said it felt like I was riding the clutch. Another thing, I would put the car on first gear, take out the clutch completely and the car would not bog out. It would simply take off as soon as I let go of the brake. This is depressing as it has been my dream car and now it will sit in the garage until it is properly diagnosed

I know its not the tranny but the clutch, thanks guy. This pisses me off

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    yeah your clutch is toast. sounds like your hydraulics are crappin out. what year is it? if its a 98-00 you need upgraded hydraulics.......and a new clutch since yours is fried.

DaGeneral
    Already ? 2000 miles ...ddaaamnnn

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    well if its been smokin and smellin like its burnin, i wouldnt trust it because its been slippin and warpin the flywheel. but just because he replaced the clutch dosent mean he replaced that master and slave cylnder. what year is it?

DaGeneral
    It is a 1999 SS Camaro. I have a slight inclination that it is the slave cylinder since it is not engaging properly. I called him up to ask and left a message. I just want to know what he replaced and where.

What are some effects of a bad master and slave cylinders? Thanks
    Last edited by DaGeneral; 02-21-2006 at 07:10 PM.

DaGeneral
    UPDATE: I took the car out to the middle of the street and put it into every gear and completely released the clutch and the car did not bog out. Stayed as if it was idling...

flat black
    replace clutch with either LS6 or LS7 clutch....factory feeling but capable of more power and torque...make sure you replace the flywheel and throw out bearing....use a slave cylinder from an 01-02...they had much better units

Thread Information