pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Tranny wont go into Gear!!!

Like the title says my tranny will not go into gear anymore. I installed the Tick Performance master cylinder about a 1-1 1/2 months ago. It was running great no problems shifting like a dream, it is something I would recommend to anybody with a M f-body. Well last night right after I turned on the car I heard a pop while the still holding the clutch pedal down, it then got softer and would not let me get into gear. Today I called Tick, and first off let me say they have excellent customer service, spoke with Martin and Mike I belive it was. they took me throught some steps which led to to me disconnect the line that goes to the slave to see if it was still sealed which it was, then i went to go check the clutch pedal as told, and it was hard as a rock. He told me that it may be the slave or the pressure plate, now I'm not on here because I don't believe them, I'm here because I wanna know if anyone else has had this happen to them and was it the slave, pressure plate or something else? oh the car has everything original still and only has 56,000 miles. Thanks for any info and help.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

no one?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I've never had if happen before, but it definitely sounds like a slave cylinder issue. Have you ever replaced it, or the clutch?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

When you press in the clutch pedal what does it do?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix HD on Tapatalk 2.
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

no the slave cylinder or the clutch has not been replaced, it is still the OE in the car

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BadTA00 View Post
    When you press in the clutch pedal what does it do?

It still goes in but it is alot softer than before, and when i disconnected the quick connect line like I was told the pedal became rock hard.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

This just happened to me a few weeks back........clutch pedal got soft and wouldn't shift into gear. My car has low mileage too with only 53k on the clock. After the car sits for awhile it would let me shift a few times, then the pedal would go soft and have the same issue again. I figured it is either a hydraulic issue or the slave, so I went ahead and just ordered the Stage 3 Monster/Tick Master Package, and should have it back in a day or two. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Nothing worse then having a six-speed car sit in your driveway because it won't go into gear........depressing.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Sounds like the hydraulics to me but I couldn't tell you if it's the Master cylinder or slave.
    When my pressure plate went out; the tranny would go in gear but the clutch wouldn't hold. I could drive it but couldn't accelerate quickly and couldn't turn over 4000 rpm.
    Last edited by BadTA00; 04-17-2013 at 06:28 PM.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by BadTA00 View Post
    Sounds like the hydraulics to me but I couldn't tell you if it's the Master cylinder or slave.
    When my pressure plate went out; the tranny would go in gear but the clutch wouldn't hold. I could drive it but couldn't accelerate quickly and couldn't turn over 4000 rpm.
    Theres only 2 thing in the hydraulics it could be, either the slave or master. The test Martin told you is very reliable. Basically if you want to try it again disconnect the line as before and apply some pressure to the clutch pedal which should be very hard. Hold it there for a couple mins. If your foot sinks to the floor then the master has an issue. If not its the slave... to me it souds like the slave, time to drop the tranny and replace depending on your budget a clutch upgrade isnt a bad idea either

Thread Information