Thread: Tranny Problems

Sam SS

Unhappy Tranny Problems

Well it seems that my transmission is messed up. I think it’s the synchronizers for 3rd and 4th gear and it will cost about $1,000-$1,500 to fix it.
    And I just got new exhaust for it and haven't even gotten to put it on yet

I'm looking for a used or cheep tranny to use for now so I can fix mine and then swap them.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Last edited by bww3588; 11-28-2005 at 05:18 PM.

pet_monk
    Hey if you wanna try something... it seemed to help my tranny a lot. I put in Royal Purole Synthetic ATF and it helped out the problems my tranny was having. I am going to do a full tranny rebiuld this summer for like 2,000 to include all the syncros, bearings and 1-4 don't think i need the other 3, but if I do it is only looking to cost like 400 more

The new fluid might save you some tranny life.

There is no magic pill or super fix-all oil. Save your money for a rebuild.

White
    '00 Firehawk LS-6

Again IMHO, Rockland Standard Gear sells new and re-built T-56 to your specs. I called all over the country for 3 months and virtually everyone sent me to Rockland. I am ordering (next week) a NEW Billit case, 30 spline output on a MUCH larger rear shaft, yoke to fit the shaft change-out, Syncro. solid key options on a new design syncro system, AND, a change out of the final gear to a 80/60 or .56 gear which will now turn my new 4:10 rear-end at virtually the same RPM as now in 6th stock. Plus, it is dyno tested at 750+ HP and Ft. Lbs. at 190 miles an hour prior to drain, inspect and then ship. Total cost? Including the shipping (not to mention that you keep the old trans. so you can sell it easily) it totals out to $3550.00. May sound like ALOT but it is an additional grand to change the final gear out. Since I do a large amount of road driving, it is worth it to me. No need to do that for most folks, so, the total cost on a close-to-bullit proof T-56 (IMHO) is $2550.00. $300 to R and R from my shop with no additional cost to install the new centerforce dual, and SLP lightweight flywheel. Personally, I am tired of an underdesigned (as the factory ordered them) Tremac T-56 and want to JUST drive it any way I want without worrying about it!.
    Best
    Doc Ron

Thread Information