Red
    1990 Miata

Tick Performance Problem

Tick performance is not what I thought it was. Apparently they have only one transmission builder named Jonathon who is arrogant rude and disrespectful. He seems to believe he is a god who can never make any mistakes. He takes on the attitude that the customer is always wrong and he is perfect.

I sent my t56 transmission to them because of a whine I had. We got the car on jack stands and ran it to be certain where the noise was coming from. My father even put a stethoscope up to the trans and differential; we are certain the noise was coming from the trans. I shipped it to them, opted for new bearings and they sent it back. We installed the trans in the car and took it for a ride. At first it was nice and quiet, all I could hear was the sweet sound of my ls1. I got it up to speed and still no noise. After about 5-10 minutes into the drive however the noise randomly came back.

My father has more years of experience with transmissions under his belt so I let him give tick a call. He eventually got in contact with what is clearly the only transmission builder there named Jonathan. My father was polite yet stern with him and explained the issue. John kept insisting it was the differential at fault and rudely dismissed anything my father said. After talking in circles for about 15 minutes, Jonathon began laughing disrespectfully at my father. His egotistical attitude was that he could not have made a mistake and my father knew nothing. Jonathon is arrogant and needs to re-evaluate his attitude towards his paying customers.

Even if we are wrong, and Jonathan is right, the fact still remains he is disrespectful and rude. He has the wrong attitude, we are all human, we all make mistakes and are all at fault for a problem many times throughout our lives. Jonathan doesn’t seem to realize this. We paid $1200 for a rebuild from him and he literally laughed in our faces as if to say “ha ha we got your money, too bad for you”. Two heads are better then one, tick needs a second trans guy to insure quality. I believed Tick was a team of experts but there’s only one guy who has nobody to check his work. That one guy is too supercilious and pompous. All he would have to do is test the trans on a machine or in a different car and he’d hear the same whine we hear.

I don’t know what to do here. Jonathan made it clear on the phone he had made up his mind and would ‘find’ no problem with the trans if we shipped it in so I would have to pay for shipping to and from for no reason. Tick performance is happy to take your money and later tell you to get lost if you have a problem.
    Last edited by Ls1Mx5; 12-12-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Red
    99 Z28

Im sorry that you have had a bad experience with Tick, but my car has a tranny built by them and I have no problems with it at all. Alot of people I know have also sent theres down there with no problems and Johnathan was always helpful to me before with a tranny issue(before I even gave him any money) and never once sounded the way you are saying. Im not saying it didnt happen, just saying my experience with him and Tick performance. He even rebuilt my friends tranny the second time for free due to a bad part that my friend provided. Really hope you get everything squared away with it.

Red
    1990 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    Im sorry that you have had a bad experience with Tick, but my car has a tranny built by them and I have no problems with it at all. Alot of people I know have also sent theres down there with no problems and Johnathan was always helpful to me before with a tranny issue(before I even gave him any money) and never once sounded the way you are saying. Im not saying it didnt happen, just saying my experience with him and Tick performance. He even rebuilt my friends tranny the second time for free due to a bad part that my friend provided. Really hope you get everything squared away with it.
    Thats good for you and your friend. I've heard allot of positive reviews about them as well which is why I'm so disappointed in this guys behavior. I'm hoping someone from Tick will see this and it can be resolved

Red
    1990 Miata

Tick Performance Problem - LS1TECH

Jon doesn't want to make things right

Red
    99 Z28

I was just actually reading that over there.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Wow. Talk about bending over backwards. The guy offered to buy the tranny back plus pay a core charge. I am glad I dont have to hang out with the OP. I bet drama follows him around.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Wow. Talk about bending over backwards. The guy offered to buy the tranny back plus pay a core charge. I am glad I dont have to hang out with the OP. I bet drama follows him around.
    Yeah, people like the OP and his father are the reason most businesses no longer have the policy "the customer is always right". They are the kind of people that think they know everything and will never be satisfied in life.
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

Red
    99 Z28

Didnt wanna be the first one to say it.

Red
    99 SS

Sounds like he tried to help however he could to me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bright Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Sorry but seeing how Tick made repetitive offers to replace the tranny or refund money and how that didnt seem to soak into the OP's head and he just kept rehashing the same bs ......OP is now the new definition in the dictionary for bone head .

I have to agree. Seems Tick tried to make it right, offering a refund, warranty repairs, etc...

I see no fault of there's. They are offering all they can, which is all any company can do.

Wanting a refund through paypal is a bit strange. It's understandable as to why Tick doesn't do that. Most real company's don't use it, so that's not unusual. It's mainly a website store type of thing. Not necessary to refund through paypal for fear of being ripped off anyway.
    If it's paid through a credit card (which I'm betting it was for a long distance transaction) He would have had insurance through the card company, and they will refund money for the card holder on their own if a shady transaction takes place and a file is claimed. I've been through that before. That's part of the security of credit card transactions. You don't receive your product? Credit Card company can and will delete that transaction and refund the money to the card holder.
    Should have shipped the trans back when he had the chance.

Red
    99 SS

Wouldn't surprise me if he burnt bridges with the other tranny shops the same way, all over a whining rear end

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thread Information