Black
    2001 T/A M6

Tick MC installed, clutch is engaging at the top now.

Like the title states, I installed a Tick MC and now my clutch pedal doesn't seem to do anything until it's almost fully released, where before with my stock unit, it was maybe 1/2 way or 3/4 of the way out when it grabbed. What could cause this?

Black
    2000 WS6

Need to shim it possibly.
    Did you check the distance between the bell housing and the slave cylinder.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

Ticks are fully adjustable plus with a bigger cylinder to hold more fluid, more pressure and a different feel plus they are harder to bleed. What clutch are you using? Also you can adjust the var out to meet your needs in feel.

I prefer my clutches to grab at or near the top of pedal travel, which is why I switch these over to an adjustable setup.
    Like mentioned, the Tick is adjustable, you should be able to make changes to get the feel you are looking for.

Black
    2001 T/A M6

Stock clutch as far as I know. The directions with the tick said to adjust out until I could get into first smoothly and no further; because you may overextend your pressure plate? I guess that's why I'm afraid of adjusting it out any further than it is. The clutch pedal right now is about lined up with the brake pedal fully released.

pewter
    2001 Z-28

when i did my Mc swap,my pedal is like 3-4 inches below where my brake pedal sits and the clutch pedal is suppose to be alot closer to the floor.did you bleed it correctly,i did it the trad. way and then mighty vac drove around for a few days did it again. your pedal should be alot firmer than the stock setup.mine releases 1-2 inches off the floor.here is how i adj. mine,make sure the top part with the clevis is all way down to in the turnbuckle,now back the bottom nut off the turn buckle a ways and hold the threaded rod firmly with ur fingers and thread the turnbuckle down on threaded rod until it stops then bring the bottom nut up to turn buckle and tighten it up with wrenches.next i went ahead and then backed the clevis end out 4 turns and hooked up to pedal linkage and started car up and did that until it went into gear,drove around came back and backed off a few more turns.like what i gather from what ive read it should not be level with the brake pedal.thats how i did it and works great,my whole clutch system is stock other than the Tick MC. hope this was some help and good luck.

Lined up with the brake pedal is what I prefer. I adjust mine for personal preference, and I prefer my clutch to grab at least half way up the pedal travel regardless of what any instructions say. If I have it grabbing right off the floor my wife won't even drive it, and it makes power shifting nearly impossible. Even normal driving it makes the shifter sticky because it's not releasing the clutch disc far enough from the flexplate and causes the main shaft to free wheel. Makes even part throttle shifting difficult.

Again, it's all personal preference and feel.

Thread Information