Thread: T56 or A4?

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

T56 or A4?

I posted in the A4 section as well. I plan on getting an 01-02 Z28 this coming summer and am on the fence right now over transmissions. How hard is it to bend shift forks? How good is the factory clutch (I will be getting the car with 65K or less miles on it...will the clutch be good still for a while if not beat on all 65K miles?)

How hard is it to blow a 10-bolt on street tires (My mods will be Lid/Cutout, i am poor and the $$ is going to buying a car, not modding a junker, lol)

How easy is it to bend pushrods with a misshift? Is this so common that I will have trouble finding a solid M6 car?

How durabile in general will the tranny/clutch/rear be compared to an A4 car? I live in the south, it does get hot, and I do like to play with my toys.

Awaiting Activation
    Personally i would get a 6spd as i think it is more fun. The factory clutch is pretty good - mine has 77k on it. You won't blow a 10bolt on street tires with a lid and exhaust. Not saying it can't break. That will be a problem when you add big power or d/r or slicks.

I only know a few people that have bend forts on missshifts so test drive the car. I would saw though that a 6spd will last longer than an A4. But the rear in a 6spd will be in worse condition because of more drivetrain shock.

Good luck in your search!

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

A bent pushrod will tick, a worn rear will have slop in it, but how do I check shift forks? Will rowing casually through the gears tell the tale?I would think so...? Yeah, I lean towards M6 simply for the "cool factor" (I can drive stick or auto and I dont care which, most ppl dont belive it, but I dont think about shifting unless im rev-matching my downshifts, lol, im new to that. But I can go through rush hour in Houston and not care).

Thread Information