frankthetankjfpc

Angry Super Important Drivetrain Ques.!!!!!!!

hey guys,

i own a 1998 ss with the t-56 6 speed. i upgraded the clutch to the ls6 clutch/flywheel assembly, along with oem throw-out, slave, return spring, etc. the mods include: stage 3 patriot heads, high-lift cam, longtube header-back exhaust, reprogrammed ecu, 150 shot nitrous. i know im leaving out a few things, so i will not go into detail ( you get the idea of pure power). haha. however, i have a problem. recently, under high rpm torque load, the clutch pedal sticks to the floor when i race (even without spray). i have to literally pull the pedal back to the open position so i may continue to shift. now, this is only under racing conditions. i drive my car every day, and it never has this problem under every day driving conditions.

someone please give me an idea as to whats wrong!!!!!!!!

personally, i think its either that the clutch cant handle the power or the master cylinder is going out. either way, i cant take it to high rpm recently without having to pull the pedal back to me.

99 Firebird Formula

The master and slave go hand in hand...I bet that is what the problem is given that you didn't replace it the first time. Lucky for you, you don't have to drop the trans to change the master. The master/slaves are known to go bad on 98-00 cars.

If it was the clutch, it would just slip, it most likely wouldn't affect the pedal.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

fluid is overheating and you lose pressure because of it. i bet, once it cools down ,you get your pedal back.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

red
    2002 camaro ss

On 02 cars there is a goofy return spring that is prone to breaking. It has an action that helps press and release the pedal. Mine broke, I scrapped it and rigged a conventional spring. mine was a similar problem, not a racing issue but it was very random. I would also double check to make sure there is no air.

rnl35thss, where is the return spiring located? At the pedal? My '02's clutch pedal just started sticking occasionally and replacing a spring could be a nicer option than replacing the master/slave and pressure plate. What type of spring did you use and where did you find it?

red
    2002 camaro ss

The spring is located at the top of the pedal.it isn't a conventional design spring. I don't really know how to describe it.(goofy looking). I just got a handful of springs (conventional style) from the hardware store and used what fit best. I was doing an
    A4 to M6 swap, and the pedal assy I had had no spring.( I tried the one from GM it was 27.00 and a big pain) I did have to drill a hole in the clutch pedal but it was no big deal, the other end of the spring is hooked into an existing hole. I'm pretty sure there was a TSB about this, I don't recall the bulletin number,but I can get it if you need it.

frankthetankjfpc
    hey guys, i really appreciate the input. as of now, i highly believe that it is either dirty fluid in need of bleeding, or the master cylinder. there is no way it could be the salve, buecause i replaced it about 5k ago with the oem (this was when i installed a new clutch, flywheel). The fluid in my hydraulic line is dirty anyhow. I really think it needs to be bled or fluid replaced.

Thread Information