Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spec 3 problems

Blue
    2002-WS6

Spec 3 problems

ok when i bought the car the owner said the spec 3 only had 5k on it, it was very stiff and absolutely no slippage at all, then it started to make a moaning squeeling noise and now the pedal has a little play at the top, making a rattling noise at 2k. what do you guys think?
    2011 GS

Blue
    2002-WS6

i may have posted in the wrong place, if so would someone please move the post....thanks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I have my opinions but got flamed for them last time...

Blue
    2002-WS6

Well I won't flame you, let's hear em. Some friends at work think the bellhousing bolts may be loose, checking those tomorrow

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'll let the others try and help you first. They'll be along soon. It's the weekend, give em a lil time.

Blue
    2002-WS6

Lol, ok. Feel free to trash the spec, but keep in mind I didn't install it, it was in the car when I bought it.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Spec seems to be hit or miss. There....its out in the open . I think you should get the car up in the air and crawl under and take a look. Check for loose bolts, nuts, and anything...
    Is the rattle from the clutch pedal or underneath the car?

Blue
    2002-WS6

The rattle is underneath the car along with a vibration, only aroung 2k and light throttle, it was raining today so couldn get under it, sounds like the dust cover kinda but not sure

Blue
    2002-WS6

Got under it today, no loose bolts, all are tight, didn't see anything out of place. Took it out and did a couple of rolling 1st/2nd gear burnouts and a standing burnout. Clutch performs well and as long as I let it out and don't try to slip it it doesn't squeel/moan but it grabs real quick and firm. Still got the rattle and vibration around 2k though, think it could be a u-joint maybe?

Blue
    2002-WS6

Well I was reading through clutch related problems on LS1 Tech and my problems seem to relate to some of those members having a broke or bent clutch spring, I would like to hear you guys thoughts and opinion as well as experiences with this or similar problems before I drop the tranny, being the holidays money is tight right now, as always-many thanks.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Correct me if I'm wrong Cutlass, but doesn't a bad throw-out bearing make a squealing noise?

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

I new that guy who use to have that car. Both him and the guy before him tore things up in it on a regular basis. Not saying anything bad about the car i watched it 8.20s at english mountain a few summers ago. Im pretty sure he did put a spec clutch in but im not sure if he changed the slave cylinder and throw out bearing when he did. Ill ask him if i see him come to work.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

again if its the same car im thinking it is. If it is it use to have c5 wheels with gold trim. and the driver door the molding was coming apart.

Blue
    2002-WS6

yes thats the car, bought it from Jeremy Davis in Canton, it ran that with cam only? thats pretty good, i have since installed better heads and MAF as well as another dyno tune, i have added suspesion componets as well. he said he put in a heavy duty slave cylender(not sure what he means by that) but he did not mention a master, so any info you have will be helpful, thanks.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

i doubt he did put a master cylinder in because a good one from tick is $300 and its adjustable the slave cylinder might be the same one i have in mine which is from autozone. the same slave cylinder thats in these cars are also in the corvettes as well as the 4 cylinder s10s.

Blue
    2002-WS6

Yea, he said he was on the 3rd rearend when I bought it, since the head upgrade it is scary now, gets loose even with the umi stuff on it, runs hard and strong but its not where I want it yet, almost though.I don't beat on it like he did either, I do get on it but not abuse it, any info you have on it will help me later on, thanks

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

he went through rearends cause he never set the pinion depth on them when he put the gear in. I watched him put the pinion nut on with an electric impact then go do doughnuts in a parking lot. i think that was the 2nd rearend he had in it. Good to hear that your taking better care of it then he did.

Blue
    2002-WS6

Yea its my nice weather only weekend cruiser, thanks for the history bro if your ever out this way give me shout, you need to meet this f body guy I know, name is Roy Riddle and man he knows his stuff! If anyone other then me turns any wrenches on my car he would be the one, stand up guy.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

were you located?

Blue
    2002-WS6

Weaverville, north of Asheville about 15-20 miles.out I-26 towards Mars Hill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information