Thread: shifting issues

silver
    98 ss camaro

shifting issues

i have a 98 ss m6 ls1 motor i blew the rear out and was replaced about 5 months ago drives fine clutch feels a little soft and release point is very low thought it was something in the fluid changed the clutch fluid works a little better now was alot of build up but having trouble shifting into third especailly at high rpms sometimes it won't even go in when i'm racing, any ideas is this a tranny issue or could it be something with the diff when they rebuild it.

ps. dont know if this helps but randomly the abs noop, ebrake, and asr light will turn on car drives fine no weird noise but don't know if this is connected

Black
    1998 Z28 M6

I have the same thing going on...like any time you try to shift it fast (especially in 3rd) it will grind right? if i shift it really slow then im fine but i want to get rid of this...is my clutch gone? the pedal used to stick to the floor but i bled it and it never does that anymore but it still wont let me in to gears if i shift faster than normal driving

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by cdorch View Post
    I have the same thing going on...like any time you try to shift it fast (especially in 3rd) it will grind right? if i shift it really slow then im fine but i want to get rid of this...is my clutch gone? the pedal used to stick to the floor but i bled it and it never does that anymore but it still wont let me in to gears if i shift faster than normal driving
    pretty much doesn't grind just won't let me in at all like I can let off and try to put it in again and it won't go how do you bleed the clutch?

Black
    1998 Z28 M6

oh ok my problems a little different then...there is a bleeder on the top of the transmission i think theres a write up on it ill look for the link...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55824

theres that sticky that has a write-up on bleeding the clutch...i swear there was another with pictures but that describes it pretty well

If your clutch is soft and grabs really low bleeding it should fix the problem or at least help. it sounds like its not fully engaging/disengaging

If your gona bleed it and you need any extra help beyond the sticky feel free to pm me cuz i just did it a month ago
    Last edited by cdorch; 03-16-2008 at 04:01 PM.

silver
    98 ss camaro

very nice that was a great right up i'm going to do it right now lucky was in the middle of bbq so I have plenty of help lol thank you guys i'll post and let you know how it worked for the clutch and third gear

Pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Fluid change and drill mod fixed the high RPMs no shift into 3rd gear worked for me. If you have changed your fluid and are still having this problem do the drill mod. You also have a 98 SS. Not sure if you slave has been upgraded to a 01-02 slave. If not you might want to get that done sometime if the drill mod doesn't work for you.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 99ta316 View Post
    Fluid change and drill mod fixed the high RPMs no shift into 3rd gear worked for me. If you have changed your fluid and are still having this problem do the drill mod. You also have a 98 SS. Not sure if you slave has been upgraded to a 01-02 slave. If not you might want to get that done sometime if the drill mod doesn't work for you.
    bleeding helped 3rd is no issue if I'm pushing it and race a few times it might stick for a second but works fine

Thread Information