Black
    2000 / SS

In the market for new clutch, need advice...

My stock clutch is on its last leg, 2 months ago the car was dyno'd @ 307 off the bottle. I have a 125 shot on it, and since then have installed LTs/ory/and port~polished TB so obviously I'm making a little more than 307 now. ........ With that said, I have definate plans for a cam, set of AFR heads, LS6 intake all all the other bolt-on goodies I can get my hands on, so when its all over and done with, Im hoping to see 500+ whp...

What clutch/flywheel can handle that power? And before you say it, YES i know the 10 bolt needs to go! I'm working on plans for a 9". But I dont wanna waste money on an LS7 package if it's not going to handle the power.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboycntdnce View Post
    My stock clutch is on its last leg, 2 months ago the car was dyno'd @ 307 off the bottle. I have a 125 shot on it, and since then have installed LTs/ory/and port~polished TB so obviously I'm making a little more than 307 now. ........ With that said, I have definate plans for a cam, set of AFR heads, LS6 intake all all the other bolt-on goodies I can get my hands on, so when its all over and done with, Im hoping to see 500+ whp...

What clutch/flywheel can handle that power? And before you say it, YES i know the 10 bolt needs to go! I'm working on plans for a 9". But I dont wanna waste money on an LS7 package if it's not going to handle the power.
    im not really the person to ask.. but i do know centerforce makes a good clutch.. dont know which one is the problem... so maybe research a little with that as a starting ground? but you obviously still need master cylinder upgrade... etc...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboycntdnce View Post

i have a spec stage 3+ clutch... that thing is AWESOME!!! no chatter... feels like a stock clutch... and holds with no problems...

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Textralia Hands Down!!!! I have the OZ700 and love it. I priced a few clutches when my stock LS6 let go and by the time I added all the parts that I needed and shipping I was spending about the same price as a Textralia kit cost. I got mine from BYUNSPEED and got a great deal. But I would recommend calling them on the phone you may get better pricing than in the web plus they are very knowledgeable, they stand behind their products and offer absolutely free shipping (which can add up on heavy parts like a clutch/flywheel). My .02
    Last edited by Killer_bluebird; 12-20-2007 at 08:00 AM.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Thread Information