Red
    06 GTO

LS7 Clutch Upgrade for 06 GTO

I currently have a 06 GTO. My current clutch is slipping and everything I have read says the LS7 clutch upgrade is the most bang for the buck. I have read allot of the threads on this site which have been helpful but some people say all I have to get is the flywheel, 2 bearings, pressure plate, and the disc. What about the hydraulics do I have to upgrade any of that? Also what is the best way to bleed the system after it is installed? Where is the best place to purchase the equipment?

Black
    2005 GTO

To be honest i don't know to much about the goats slave clyinder, if it has the same failer rate as most f-bodies or not, but most peopel change the slave cylinder when they do the clutch. Your already in there so you might as well rather than not change it and in a few thousand miles either end up with a sticky clutch pedal or a exploded slave that spewed fluid all over your new clutch rendering it useless.

Bleeding pretty much sucks I hate it. The best way i've found is to pre-bleed the slave. The new slave cylinder will come bone dry so rather than be on your back under the car trying to bleed it bench bleed the whole system first then put it in. It will still need to be bleed once its in but it won't take nearly as long when your on your back.

Check out this link inside there are a few other links that will lead you to some good write-ups on bleeding the system.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55824

Red
    06 GTO

Thanks for the info I will check the link out. I was thinking the same thing on the slave cylinder. I dont want to tear it apart twice in a short bit of time. I actually just ordered the Fidanza Aluminium flywheel. I also ordered the LS7 clutch from Gene on this forum. I am hoping they are in by next week. I am like a little kid in a candy store. Anyway I had a 98 Z28 and changed the clutch out in that, is it pretty similiar set up to that? I looked under my GTO last week and it was getting dark so I couldnt see much, and ever since that nice day it seems like it has rained everyday so I havent had a chance to get back under it.

Thread Information