Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

LS7 clutch problems

I recently had the ls7 clutch installed and i can tell it is a much better clutch. but i am having some issues. it feels like the clutch isnt disengaging all the way even though i have the pedal all the way to the floor. it seemed like a hydrualic issue but the pedal always feels good. It will go into gear but it feels like they are a little catchy. i rebled the clutch once already and the problem got a little better but its still a little catchy. also reverse is damn near impossible to get into. can anyone help me out or have any ideas on what would cause this?

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

i know its self adjusting. do u have an adjustable master? it may still have some air in it.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

you may need to upgrade that pesky slave yet again, also...is the corvette one similar to teh F-body in design? if so, you may need to get the one for the new ZO6
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

i just put a brand new slave on it when i had the clutch done. well thats why i had the clutch done actually i had a leaky slave cylinder. and like i said the pedal feel never goes bad so how could it be a bleeding issue? yet i bled it and it feels better. but its still making me mad because its not right.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

synchros?

that's what's wrong with mine

red
    00 ram air ta

due to gm and there crappy design on the hydrolics on my 00 m6 I am in the process of rebuilding my first t56! Let me tell ya it sucks I have to replace the 1-2, 3-4 and the 5-6 synchros, not to mention flip reverse around. my blocker ring on third was fried, and Im replacing 2nd and 3rd gear because the synchro teeth on them are also fried. Not to mention a new ls7 clutch kit with flywheel and hydrolics. Ive never seen a flywheel and pressure plate with more stress cracks, divots and heat marks in them before. Yet the clutch disk looked brand new!!!???

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

since i last posted this the problem has somewhat worked itself out. But its still a little puzzling to me. When the car is cold the clutch pedal has more play in it than when its hot. Which im assuming is the direct relation to the clutch not disengaging all the way. Even now its not near as bad as it first was but what would cause it to get better when it gets warm? Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Probably temperature in the clutch fluid. When the fluid heats up, or the kinetic enrgy in the molecules of the clutch fluid is increased, a higher pressure within the system results. This could mean the difference between good and bad engagement/disengagement of the clutch. I kind of had the same experience as you with one of my previous cars...

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

I have heard of one other guy having release problems with the LS2 but he used the fidanza flywheel and he used a clutch shim to fix it. Mine works great.

Thread Information