Silver
    06 R6, 87 GNX, 07 Z06

LS7 Clutch in my 02 Trans Am, what all do I need

I know it is probably on here as I found it a year or so ago but now that the time has come I can no longer find it.

I have a 2007 Z06 that I had a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo kit installed on it which included an Exedy Clutch and flywheel so I have the stock ones laying around with only 350miles on them.

Now I also have a 2002 Trans am that is still using the original clutch with 55,000 miles which is impressive as it has had over 400whp since it rolled off the lot (had a performance shop work their magic before I picked it up) and I have heard people having to replace them at 30k miles. So I am looking to use the LS7 set up in this car since I have them laying around but I am not sure exactly what parts I need.

As stated above I have the clutch and flywheel from the LS7 but if I remember right I need the LS2 flywheel? Any way hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

well i have the set up. i have an ls2 flywheel, ls7 clutch. i dont know if the ls7 flywheel will work or not but you never know.

on the other hand... lets see some pics of the zo6. hp#s? times?

Silver
    06 R6, 87 GNX, 07 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    well i have the set up. i have an ls2 flywheel, ls7 clutch. i dont know if the ls7 flywheel will work or not but you never know.

on the other hand... lets see some pics of the zo6. hp#s? times?
    I have a few older pictures (last summer) but currently the car is sitting in lingenfelters shop. There was a horrible knocking noise almost like a spun bearing but there was a load of magnetic shavings in the oil. So my best guess is the rod(s) were eating into the crank, thank god for warranty. As for numbers hp is 800hp but there are no track numbers as of yet. Warranty won’t cover track use as well we don’t really have a good track here it’s probably the worst one in western Canada so no point. But once the warranty is up it will see a track (another cities)

As you can see here very clean install, if you were just to take a quick look you wouldn’t even know it was twin turboed you can just see the top of the intercoolers and the two blow off valves.

If you look close you can see one of the turbo's tucked away

thats all I have. Nothing really more to see as I said it looks all stock and really no indication of its power/potential ahah until it steps side ways at well over 200km :P and leaves a trail of smoke. Oh the stories I could go on about with it.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

WOW!! Nice stable!

99' 30th Ann TA

Very nice cars.... bastard.... lol

Silver
    06 R6, 87 GNX, 07 Z06

ahah thanks everyone.

So no one knows what is needed to make the LS7 clutch work with my 02 Trans AM?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Freebs View Post
    ahah thanks everyone.

So no one knows what is needed to make the LS7 clutch work with my 02 Trans AM?
    You are going to need the LS2 flywheel and you will be set.

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

As you can see here very clean install, if you were just to take a quick look you wouldn’t even know it was twin turboed you can just see the top of the intercoolers and the two blow off valve.

thats all I have. Nothing really more to see as I said it looks all stock and really no indication of its power/potential ahah until it steps side ways at well over 200km :P and leaves a trail of smoke. Oh the stories I could go on about with it.
    Dezzzam!!!! Can you say sleeper

Silver
    06 R6, 87 GNX, 07 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    You are going to need the LS2 flywheel and you will be set.

Thank you.

So the LS7 defiantly won’t work?

Well I guess you guys may see my set up for sale on here as I may just sell it off and get an aftermarket one that I won’t have to mess around with. So if you know anyone who is looking for a LS7 Clutch with next to no miles on it let me know. Literally I picked the Z06 up in Canada just as it came over the border as it had to be registered as a Canadian car than I drove to straight to Lingenfelter, so all high way KMs on the clutch as well no racing or anything on it.
    I also have a lot of other parts that Lingenfelter replaced and sent back with the car

- Z06 Exhaust
    - Z06 Crank
    - Z06 Exhaust Valves
    - Z06 Intake
    - Rods
    - Pistons (with rings)

That’s all I can think of for now. I tried to make a for sale post with all this before but it wouldn’t let me. I will try again though.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    Dezzzam!!!! Can you say sleeper
    :P as much as a Z06 can be... there are a lot of new and older Cobra owners who have tried to have a go against it. One guy claimed he was running over 600whp and when we pulled up to a stop he asked what was in it. I just replied its bone Stock ahaha but I got the "bull shit thoughts don’t go sideways like that at thoughts speeds"
    He was a little mad that his 600whp Cobra just lost that bad to a little vette.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Thank you.

So the LS7 defiantly won’t work?

Well I guess you guys may see my set up for sale on here as I may just sell it off and get an aftermarket one that I won’t have to mess around with. So if you know anyone who is looking for a LS7 Clutch with next to no miles on it let me know. Literally I picked the Z06 up in Canada just as it came over the border as it had to be registered as a Canadian car than I drove to straight to Lingenfelter, so all high way KMs on the clutch as well no racing or anything on it.
    I also have a lot of other parts that Lingenfelter replaced and sent back with the car

- Z06 Exhaust
    - Z06 Crank
    - Z06 Exhaust Valves
    - Z06 Intake
    - Rods
    - Pistons (with rings)

That’s all I can think of for now. I tried to make a for sale post with all this before but it wouldn’t let me. I will try again though.

:P as much as a Z06 can be... there are a lot of new and older Cobra owners who have tried to have a go against it. One guy claimed he was running over 600whp and when we pulled up to a stop he asked what was in it. I just replied its bone Stock ahaha but I got the "bull shit thoughts don’t go sideways like that at thoughts speeds"
    He was a little mad that his 600whp Cobra just lost that bad to a little vette.
    I am interested in the clutch. Shoot me a PM!

red
    2000 camaro ss

niiiiiiiiiiiiice clean job from lingenfelter. i wanna work there.

Silver
    06 R6, 87 GNX, 07 Z06

9t8z28 PM sent.

Thread Information