Thread: Ls7 clutch

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Ls7 clutch

was thinking of getting the ls7 clutch from kyspeed and was woundering if there is anything better or worse about it than some other brands and dose it bolt right on? Also what is the advantige of a lightened flywheel and should i get one or have someone machine a few pounds off?

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Decent clutch I had it on my TA with 400 na and about 500 with nitrous. Liked it a lot. Now with the Vette and about 600 hp with the D1 once I chewed thru the stock clutch I optd for the Textrilla but it was on backorder. I then learned about the Monster clutch picked up the stg 3 good for 700/700 with the billet flywheel , they offer a lighter flywheel but from my reading since its lighter it takes some getting used too. Under normal street driving conditions you will stall a lot until you get used to it. For street application with little track use get the billet fly no need for the lighter one unless you track it alot doing 3-4k dumps etc then it will fit the bill. GL with what ever you choose! And yes the LS7 is a direct swap....
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by MYSCZ06 View Post
    Decent clutch I had it on my TA with 400 na and about 500 with nitrous. Liked it a lot. Now with the Vette and about 600 hp with the D1 once I chewed thru the stock clutch I optd for the Textrilla but it was on backorder. I then learned about the Monster clutch picked up the stg 3 good for 700/700 with the billet flywheel , they offer a lighter flywheel but from my reading since its lighter it takes some getting used too. Under normal street driving conditions you will stall a lot until you get used to it. For street application with little track use get the billet fly no need for the lighter one unless you track it alot doing 3-4k dumps etc then it will fit the bill. GL with what ever you choose! And yes the LS7 is a direct swap....
    thanks for the help one other thing dose it have good streetaility and how dose the pedal feel i dont want a stiff pedal my car is mostly stock but i want to be able to ugrade without worring about the clutch. also looking at the level 3 monster is that to much clutch for my application and how is the pedal on that one
    Last edited by 99yellowz28; 08-22-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

I bought the adj master along with the clutch. It is obviously stiffer then the stock feel, but not so much that it build muscle..lol. It is very good street manners. There is a tad bit of clutch chatter but you learn to work with it. Heard if you get the .5 selection for any of the stages it gets rid of most the chatter. With out know the list of mods or future mods its hard to say if the stg3 is too much for stock yes its too much. If you plan on some heads cam spray or such then the 2 or 3 will be ok with more room to grow.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

I bought the adj master along with the clutch. It is obviously stiffer then the stock feel, but not so much that it build muscle..lol. It is very good street manners. There is a tad bit of clutch chatter but you learn to work with it. Heard if you get the .5 selection for any of the stages it gets rid of most the chatter. With out know the list of mods or future mods its hard to say if the stg3 is too much for stock yes its too much. If you plan on some heads cam spray or such then the 2 or 3 will be ok with more room to grow.
    ok thanks i might stick with the ls7 not sure im going to do to much to it. is an adjustable master a must or will a non adjustable work fine either way mines getting replace just not sure wich one to get

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

adj not a must for your application...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have the LS7 in my car and love it. Pedal feel is just like stock to me, I am running a non-adjustable master. Make sure you upgrade your Slave Cylinder since the throw out bearing is connected to it, its a must do. I have no chatter out of mine so far, and engagement is great. I highly recommend until you get more power then what its rated for.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

blacks correct... the LS7 feels and acts just like a stock clutch you will not have any chatter at all...+ on the slave ...

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

the slave is the reason im doing a clutch it took a shit and sticks to the ground plus im doing the remote bleeder so i can keep my fluid clean and easy to do. I am ordering the ls7 clutch this weekend

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

how much for the Ls7? Incase you change your mind thought I would share some prices I found...
    Level 1-425hp/tq $649 shipped ..... Level 1.5-425hp/tq $749 shipped!!
    Level 2-525hp/tq $649 shipped ..... Level 2.5-525hp/tq $749 shipped!!

Are you sure your slave is the problem and not your master cylinder? If you are still on the original master cylinder i'd replace it with a stock 01/02 when you do the clutch. Ls7 is a good clutch as long as you are not racing all the time or have goals of 450+RHWP.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Are you sure your slave is the problem and not your master cylinder? If you are still on the original master cylinder i'd replace it with a stock 01/02 when you do the clutch. Ls7 is a good clutch as long as you are not racing all the time or have goals of 450+RHWP.
    im probily going to replace the master but the the clutch dose slip a bit when shifting at high rpms plus i think its original

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

how much for the Ls7? Incase you change your mind thought I would share some prices I found...
    Level 1-425hp/tq $649 shipped ..... Level 1.5-425hp/tq $749 shipped!!
    Level 2-525hp/tq $649 shipped ..... Level 2.5-525hp/tq $749 shipped!!
    found ls7 clutch kit and slave for around $525

white
    2001 trans am

just got done doing my install on my ls7 conversion on my 01 ta, not a bad job when you figure out where all the bolts are on the tranny to bellhousing and that damned top bolt on the bellhousing to motor. the two post lift helped a ton though. a couple things i learned, just buy a new pilot bearing when you buy the clutch, you might need it, mine had the needles falling out of it completely when i looked in the pilot hole. and of course didnt buy a pilot bearing, that was a fun search. but install is done and all is well now. SNO-WYTE LIVES AGAIN!!!

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by coloLs1 View Post
    just got done doing my install on my ls7 conversion on my 01 ta, not a bad job when you figure out where all the bolts are on the tranny to bellhousing and that damned top bolt on the bellhousing to motor. the two post lift helped a ton though. a couple things i learned, just buy a new pilot bearing when you buy the clutch, you might need it, mine had the needles falling out of it completely when i looked in the pilot hole. and of course didnt buy a pilot bearing, that was a fun search. but install is done and all is well now. SNO-WYTE LIVES AGAIN!!!
    let me know how you like the clutch mine ships tomaro

Thread Information