2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I think my mechanic is off his rocker!!! please help!!

I got an LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel kit, a new slave, and a new master cylinder put in my car last week....got a call from the mechanic saying that my setup doesn't work, so i went to investigate.....

My car goes into gear just fine with the car off, pressure is great on the pedal, a little stiff, but it's a brand new clutch. I can start the car, sounds fine, but then even with the clutch pushed all the way in, i cant get into ANY gear...it doesnt even grind, i just cant get it in gear.....the mechanic said he bled the system twice, and seems to think i got the wrong flywheel and wants to put the stock one back in....i'm thinkin NOOOO. I'm pretty sure it's something else, i just don't know what to tell him....all i've told him to do right now is get in and run part numbers to make sure i got the right stuff from Scoggin-Dickey....

Can someone please tell me what they think could be wrong????

Black
    2005 GTO

It sounds like the system is not fully blead. Twice is not always enough i'm sure if you read up on it people have spent 1+ hours bleeding the system, which is way more than twice. I'm not sure how the wrong flywheel would cause this problem, If it was the wrong flywheel it either would not have bolted up right or the car would not have started or it would have mades some god awful noise. I really think he needs to bleed it more. I belive slave cylinders come dry alot of people will hook the system up before it goes in the car and bench bleed it to cut down on bleeding once its all in the car, which is sounds like he did't. Only bleeding it twice with a dry slave is not going to get all the air out.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

See, I was thinking the same thing....if he only bled it twice, there has to still be air in it....if I had the time, I would have done this job myself, my dad and I have a shop and a lift out back (though currently the lift has a 69 chevy truck on it, getting some tranny work done). This is a lesson i must learn i guess. Thanks a lot, i will tell the mechanic to bleed the sh!t out of it until it works...kind of backwards, calling the mechanic to tell HIM what to be doing....he's not getting any more money from me, that's for sure. Thanks a lot JonB

Thread Information