Thread: F'd in Canada

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

F'd in Canada

So, I did some checking here in Canada on the LS7 Clutch and LS2 Flywheel. Prices from GM dealer is $682 and $598 respectively.

So, are the parts in the kit from these guys GM OEM parts, or are they OEM replacement made by someone else?

http://www.sdparts.com/product/SDLS7...cFlywheel.aspx

I am definitely interested since I need to do this, but there doesn't seem to be a decent deal like that to be had up here in the great white north.

If anyone has a good place to go for these parts, or if you have pricing on what it would cost to get across the border, that would be a great help to me. There just isn't enough good deals up here on these things.

Thanks in advance.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Anyone, anyone, Bueller........Bueller???

I guess my hunt continues.

red
    1998 pontiac transam ws6

hey man im not sure if this is any help but when i order stuff for my car i order from ws6store.com or lmpperformance.com , i live in canada to, only thing is expect a nice charge from ups for the customs or whatever they call it

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by champain View Post
    hey man im not sure if this is any help but when i order stuff for my car i order from ws6store.com or lmpperformance.com , i live in canada to, only thing is expect a nice charge from ups for the customs or whatever they call it
    Do you know if either are willing to ship via US Postal Service instead? I have had that problem with UPS before as well...their "transaction fee" BS.

It would be nice if there was someone on one of these forums that happened to work for UPS that could explain that to us all and prove that they have a good reason for charging so much.

USPS cost would simply be the duty on the declared value of the part as far as I know. I have dealt with a couple of places that were willing to help out, but I don't know if it is possible for them to ship something that is 50+ pounds via USPS or not. Any experiences with deals like that?

red
    1998 pontiac transam ws6

hey, no i never really go into the deatils about the charges with them i pay them because i figure they would not charge them unless they had the right to , but i guess thats what happens when you think everything and everyone is honnest , i guess i should have looked into it but mostly its becaue im lazy.. lol sorry man i dont think ive ever made a order over 50lbs, i just ask in my email to send it as a gift and hope customs dont check it. but i think that only worked once.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Well, thanks for replying, and at least making me feel like I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thank you free trade!...for what I have no idea.

crateenginedepot will ship usps. talk to Tom.

NBM
    99 TA

When i ordered my Ls7 clutch/flywheel it was a last minute decision and the car was already up on the hoist with the trans out of it so i had no time to sit and wait for it to be delivered - i got the clutch and flywheel for a fairly good price from my GM dealer (under 900 for both) and i had to overnight them from Japan (i mean Lansing Michigan) and had to pay about 100 bucks in air freight charges (probably would have been twice that with UPS once you are done paying brokerage etc)

I just didn't have time to wait for anyone to ship so i had to go straight to GM but they must have a good rate on shipping and they don't mark it up at all.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will look into the crateenginedepot idea once it comes to this purchase. I'm still debating right now as I don't like the idea of a heavier flywheel than stock. It's a little couterproductive to me, but it's tough to beat that price! We shall see what happens.

White
    1999 SS

I just got the ls7 ls2 flywheel put in new slace, master, drill mod. Shifts like butter! No more missing third(that really pissed me off!) ordered from sdparts superfast shipping!

Thread Information