Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Unhappy Do I have sticky clutch!?

Now Im sure all of you have heard or read about this "sticky clutch" issue.. something about the master cyl being restricted and alot of people drill it out and sometimes you may have to replace your slave... yeah ive read all about it... what my question to you is DO I HAVE THAT?

THIS IS WHAT HAPPEND:

1. I was inline at the entrance gate to my job and i was in 1st gear with the clutch in..

2. while i was waiting i guess my foot was getting tired and letting up just a little bit and i started moving BUT!! normally my clutch catches about the middle and now it was catching just 1 or 2 inches off the floor

3. i stalled out and looke dlike a moron.

4. started it back up and had to ride the clutch in first, then i finially got out into second and the the clutch and everything started acting normal again...

should i take the normal steps like BLEED the system and all that.. or is deff something else
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

How many miles? What's your fluid look like? I'd definitely try to bleed good first.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Sounds like your master or slave leaked down. Either the slave leaked externally or the master leaked internally. Then it came all back to normal after pumping it back up. Check for clutch fluid leaks at the bottom of the bellhousing and see if the level is low in the res. If thats ok, then you might have a master thats on its way out.
    And no its not related to sticky clutch pedal problems.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    How many miles? What's your fluid look like? I'd definitely try to bleed good first.
    just broke 70k a few weeks ago and i havent looked at the fluid since i was at work and i get out late it was too dark to look.. i did drive it home just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Sounds like your master or slave leaked down. Either the slave leaked externally or the master leaked internally. Then it came all back to normal after pumping it back up. Check for clutch fluid leaks at the bottom of the bellhousing and see if the level is low in the res. If thats ok, then you might have a master thats on its way out.
    And no its not related to sticky clutch pedal problems.
    its in my driveway now.. tomorrow im going to go out and check for leaks and check out the res.. thanks for the replies guys.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

so i loooked at under the car and around the bell housing.. no leaks.. i looked in the res and it was at a normal level .. just dirty as hell.. so i guess ill have it flushed and see what that does for me

Thread Information