Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Clutch Reccomendations

I'm in the market for a new clutch and figured i would go ahead and get something a little higher performace and was looking for some advice. The car is a 98 Z28 with a few basic bolt ons; full exhaust w/ headers, slp lid, smooth bellows, short shifter, and a few other odds and ends. I don't plan on doing anything major in the future except possibly adding nitrous.

That being said, I was looking at spec clutches, probably a stage 2 or 3. They seem to be easy to get and aren't too expensive. I was also looking at the normal Z06 clutch and it seems to be pretty comparable to a stage 2.

My other question would be if i would have to get the 2000-2001 master cylinder upgrade with a Z06 clutch. I have been told the spec stage 3 would need it, but not the stage 2.

Thanks

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hmmm-well if you want a smooth clutch for what you have now [un nitrous'd] then get the 2 WITH ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL! shell out the extra dough and you'll love your self for it...wish i would have known to get it before hand but no one explained that the lighter aluminum revs up so much faster than this freakin steel sucker i have. the benifit to the steel is that it makes high speed shifting smoother b/c it takes longer to be slown down. pros and cons to each, ya know?

anyway, i have a 3 and i don't think it's worth the money, i only bought it b/c it was 10$ than the 1 [the dealer is out of business now, GO FIGURE!]

Thread Information