Red
    2001 Trash Can

Clutch Options???

I'm looking to get a new clutch soon and I am wondering what would be some good options? I have an 01 Ws6 with some free mods and some bolt ons and I want to have good driveability, while at the same time having some performance. I think my clutch is stock, and when I'm ripping through gears it gets cranky and doesn't want to let me shift easily...I think there is a mod for this also. I've only ever owned manual vehicles with high miles, and I've had clutches go before (and it feels like mine is in the beginning stages @ 75,000). I don't have all the money in the world, but I'm not cheap either. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks in advance!!!

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

not sure about the clutch options, but if your clutch pedal sticks and then its nearly impossible to get the car in to gear go to the manual tranny section and read about this, basically you just gotta bleed the clutch and throw in some more DOT3 fluid. and youve got the 01 so you should have the Z06 clutch, my car has the same miles and has the sticking pedal problem but the clutch appears to grip fine

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

the sticking problem is due to a shitty master cylinder. i replaced mine cuz it started doing this and did the drill mod as well. highly recommended i also replaced my slave cylinder and ran DOT4. i got the ls7 clutch and flywheel setup from fredbeans and it holds just fine, you might consider this

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Yea, it doesn't slip yet and I've heard about the drill mod. I'll definately look into a new master cylinder, and if I get a new clutch, obviously get a new slave. Thanks guys!

Thread Information