Clutch issue, please give advice

I started up my 02 SS 6spd, put it in reverse to exit the garage and let the clutch out,,, everything was fine... put the clutch back in,,, but the car was still moving,,,,put the clutch out and the pedal was stuck to the floor and the shifter didn't want to come out of gear. Turned it off, got it into neutral. Started it back up and let it warm up in neutral. Clutch started working again fairly normally,,, but it still feels a little weird like it might get stuck to the floor again.... I just parked it in the garage for now.

Anyone know some things I should check?

Bsherrill

linkage?

Have you checked the linkage at all? Make sure its not getting caught on something

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I would check the hydraulic fluid first.

The resivoir must be filled to the offset line, to fuction properly, with Brake dot 3 fluid.

Mine did the same thing cause I had a leaking slay cylinder...

Also there isnt any linkage under your car to check, your slave cylinder is located around the pilot shaft of the trasmission in the bell housing. Its not like the old days of
    an external slave pushing a fork into the bellhousing against the clutch.

So all you will see is a steal braided hose going from the master to the side of your bell housing

Bsherrill

Talking

"Also there isnt any linkage under your car to check, your slave cylinder is located around the pilot shaft of the trasmission in the bell housing. Its not like the old days of
    an external slave pushing a fork into the bellhousing against the clutch.
    Thats good to know. I had this problem start 2 days ago with mine. Sounded like my whole damn transmission was going. Luckily for me it was just that the master cylinder line had a hole in it and was allowing air in. Lucky for me we have afamily friend that owns a shop that I was able to drop it off before work and he was able to fix mine and Iget to go pick it up in a hour or so. Like I said though it made a horrible sound because it doesnt disengage completely and you have a ram it in gear. lucky for me I caught it and did not drive it except for taking it to get it fixed. So I agree Check the Fluid and Re-bleed and see what you come up with.

After the initial trouble I checked the resevoir and it was a little bit low,,, I topped it off and have had no problems for several days. I guess if it happens again I'll know there is a leak.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

remember everytime the resevoir goes low, from a leak, it means air is getting in your system. Air will definitly fuck with your pedal

There was a hole in the steel braided line or somewhere else? I'm having the same issues. Any idea how to get the line disconnected from the transmission? I've pushed the ring in as much as I can and it's not coming out.

Thread Information