Thread: Clutch ideas

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Clutch ideas

Well, looks like the Beast is telling me it's time for a tranny rebuild and clutch. Third gear synchro is shot, so that'll get taken care of along with freshening things up. Figured it'll give me a chance to swap out the MC for a Tick adjustable, new slave, and an EZ bleed kit. What I'd like is opinions on the clutch. I was looking at the Spec stage 3. It should handle what I've got and give me room for added power in the future. I am open to other suggestions that would be the equivalent.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Well, looks like the Beast is telling me it's time for a tranny rebuild and clutch. Third gear synchro is shot, so that'll get taken care of along with freshening things up. Figured it'll give me a chance to swap out the MC for a Tick adjustable, new slave, and an EZ bleed kit. What I'd like is opinions on the clutch. I was looking at the Spec stage 3. It should handle what I've got and give me room for added power in the future. I am open to other suggestions that would be the equivalent.
    Honestly Knight I would stay away from spec, their customer service is very good but from what I have been seeing over on tech their disks have been breaking parts a lot. I would look into a monster clutch if you still want to keep it budget friendly. The stage 1 will have a stcok pedal but will easily hold 450hp and the stage 2 will be similiar to stock and holds 550whp. if not mcleod makes a good "budget" twin disk for a stock feel.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Walt,

I have the LS7 clutch and it has been very good to me.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I was also looking into the LS7. Carpy mentioned McLeod. I need to check them out. The Spec I have was good, just didn't get the life out of it I expected.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I am running an LS7 kit. Been going strong for almost 130k miles. Just now starting to show signs of slipping. Honestly should have replaced it this last time my slave went out....

Sent using my telèfono

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I was also looking into the LS7. Carpy mentioned McLeod. I need to check them out. The Spec I have was good, just didn't get the life out of it I expected.
    Well if McLeod clutches are as good in quality as their LS1 bell housing then I will always stay away. I need to replace mine 2 yrs ago. I got it from McLeod first. The engine plate wouldn't fit properly, something with our oil pans extending out past the block just a little. When I called them about it they said to just notch where the oil pan touches or grind off the excess of the oil pan and oh if I did notch the plate it would void the warranty.

Went with a QT SFI approved BH. I honestly think I could shoot my Glock at it and it would just laugh at me.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

the ls7 is def a good replacement option but if knight is looking for a better grab feel and more holding power then the aftermarket is the way to go. especially because you also get rid of the "awesome" self adjusting pressure plate on the stock gm clutch

Thread Information