1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

Which Clutch to get???

I have an 02 Z28 with nothing more than an air-lid, MAF, Kooks Lt's, Tri-flow cat-back and 4.11's. It has only 24k on the clock and I'm finding the stock clutch is slipping when I bang second, not much at first but now its enough that I have to back off and get back on it to get it to grab. I cant see my engine making that much more power with my Mods and I understand the stock BW clutch is supposed top be good but I'm looking to upgrade to a new and slightly stronger clutch. I understand that SPEC makes a clutch for my car. I'm looking for a clutch with quiet operation and a stock pedal feel which is stronger than stock. I hear centerforce is good but they only offer a dual friction for my application, I dont want to go that crazy, any suggestions?

Black
    99 SS

i thought that witha SPEC you cant slip the clutch?

1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

So I should buy a SPEC clutch then? Is it quiet, does it have a stock pedal feel?

Black
    99 SS

not quiet a lot of chatter, i have heard of a lot bad things with them. and its not a stock feel for sure, you cant slip the clutch like the stock ones. you have to rev up let it come down and let off the clutch and let it catch. i would look at RAM or CENTERFORCE, i think there all around the same price range also. but if you like to churp the tires everytime then get a SPEC it has great holding power.

red
    98 camaro z28 m6

i was told for the spec 3 it grips so hard it dosent last very long if you have a whole lot of mods. im in the same boat as you, i decide to go w/ a z06 clutch because i same about $300 and for now and all mods with in the next 1.5-2 years it will hold up fine, and if for some reason i decide to go FI or no2 then ill know ill need to make the clutch swap, but for me being 19 and the way things are for me the z06 is gonna be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by bad6as
    i was told for the spec 3 it grips so hard it dosent last very long if you have a whole lot of mods. im in the same boat as you, i decide to go w/ a z06 clutch because i same about $300 and for now and all mods with in the next 1.5-2 years it will hold up fine, and if for some reason i decide to go FI or no2 then ill know ill need to make the clutch swap, but for me being 19 and the way things are for me the z06 is gonna be perfect
    There's a Cobra in Vegas that puts down between 550+ to 670+ (depending on what pully he's got on at the time) with a Spec 3...

NBM
    98 Trans Am convertible

Fan of centerforce d/f setup, I've put 9000mi on mine since late April good driveability, no problems little heavier than stock pedal, smooth engagement and it bites.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I have a Spec 3 in my car when I bought it. I love it and since the 4.10's it has a lot less chatter with those gears. My car has a few mods and everyone I know is going with the Spec 3. Planning on a cam install Fri night and can't wait.
    3 inch Chambered Catback.

Thread Information