Blkls1

chatter under hard accel?

I have a spec stage 3 installed with upgraded slave cylinder, drill mod, and installed a new spec steel flywheel. Ive put over 1000mi on it already. Just recently it started chattering very badly under hard acceleration. It doesnt stop chattering until I let off the gas a bit then its smooth. Also 1st gear seems to be very sluggish now, and makes a noticable "clunk" sound. Anyone had this problem?

Blkls1
    Well took the car out tonight and everything felt as it has been. I took a 45min freeway trip, and now the clutch is slipping reallllly bad. It hardly moves in first now, and slips all the way through 6th.

I dunno wth is wrong. It got progressivly worse as I was on the freeway. It started slipping in 5th and 6th at a steady 65mph. I could watch the rpms climb +1500rpm then back down. I noticed it was getting worse and worse. I got of the freeway and the car would barley make it through an intersection from a red light. Luckily I live close to the freeway. As it was I barely got the car home.

Is this a pressure plate issue? Clutch pedal feels fine. I'm dreading dropping the trans again, but looks like i have no choice...Any info anyone has before I begin the tiedious task that is trans removal...again....would be greatly appreciated.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

How many miles have you had the clutch? These clutches are good for about 20,000 miles, FYI. If it's not worn out, sounds like the the bolts holding the pressure plate to the flywheel are coming loose if not, falling out.

Blkls1
    I have about 1500mi on the clutch and flywheel.

Thread Information