RYEZ_UP

Unhappy ???brands???trannyunder Extended Warranty!!!

Thanks For Your Interest. I Recently Brought My Car To My Dealership For An Extended Warranty On Several Things But My Main Concern Was To Replace My T56 Or Atleast Repair It. Well Not To Long Ago I Posted A Thread Regarding If I Should Bring It Or Not. I Did And Yes, I Am Getting A New Tranny. Also, A Big Inconvenience With The Time And Transportation Problems I've Been Thru. My Car Been In The Shop For More Than Two Weeks, And I've Paid More Than $400 In Rental Car Fees. Better Than Paying For A Whole New Tranny, Rite. So, I'm Waiting Ready To Pick My Car Up And Good News With Bad News. The Extended Warranty Sends A Transmission But Are Missing Two Mounts On The Housing, So My Question Is, "can The Housing Fit On My Old One(tremec) On The New(borg Warner)tranny?" Is There A Difference With Either Of These Tranny Manufacturers Or Should I Ask For A Certain One.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I took my car in for an extended warranty repair for the rear end and the tranny for jumping out of third gear. But I had to go pick it up so I could drive it for my National Guard weekend. Well it took a week for them to get my parts together. But i am taking back on monday so they can fix the rearend and put in my 4.10's. then they are going to tear into the tranny to check it out. It is only costing me $200 for all of for the deductible. Which I didn't think was to bad. The down side of it is I have to drive my 69 ford f-100 till I get it back. Not quite the class of the 00 SS.

RYEZ_UP
    Quote Originally Posted by big d's ss
    I took my car in for an extended warranty repair for the rear end and the tranny for jumping out of third gear. But I had to go pick it up so I could drive it for my National Guard weekend. Well it took a week for them to get my parts together. But i am taking back on monday so they can fix the rearend and put in my 4.10's. then they are going to tear into the tranny to check it out. It is only costing me $200 for all of for the deductible. Which I didn't think was to bad. The down side of it is I have to drive my 69 ford f-100 till I get it back. Not quite the class of the 00 SS.
    SO WHATS UR ANSWER BRO???

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I don't think there would be a problem. It should be a direct replacement.

RYEZ_UP
    Quote Originally Posted by big d's ss
    I don't think there would be a problem. It should be a direct replacement.
    THATS WHAT I THOUGHT BUT THATS WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO SUPPOSEDLY DO IS TO REPLACE THE HOUSING MY OLD TRANNY WITH THE NEW ONE SO IT CAN FIT IN MY CAR.

Thread Information