NBM
    02 M6 Formula

B&M ripper issues

Hey guys, about a month ago i bought a used ripper from some dude i know for a great deal. I looked up the instructions on the net and noticed i was supposed to have those rectangular alignment washers but i only had 1 of them. So i called B&M the guy said they couldnt sell seperate parts but if i just bolt it in square shouldnt be a problem at all. So i left 1 alignment washer in to set it in place, made sure it was square tightened it up and all was fine and dandy except i noticed it popping out of 3rd every so often and figured i just had to get used to it, wasnt a real big issue for how much it happened. fast forward to today i decided to pull it apart again and make sure it was square and what not, i flipped the alignment washer so it sits a little farther forward now and the motherfucker wont stop popping out/not engaging 3rd, sometimes even 1st. I am pretty sure it is an issue with the way i have it alligned ( hope so atleast) could be a fork for 3rd but my car doesnt have that many K on it and i rarely drive it hard. Any suggestions? or anyone else had these sort of issues? I tried setting it all the way back without the washer it so it would have to be square but thats not doable as it leaves little tiny gaps into where it sits. I was thinking ill get my machinist at work to make some more alignment washers but until then i want it to sit nice so i dont have to worry about fucking it up anymore. help? sorry for the long post

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

shit, after reading over the oem instructions online i think the guy left the stop screws in and thats probably whats not letting it engage, what a dummy i am. He told me it would drop in and be fine but i never even knew it had the set screws as theyre under the dust cover, and obviously they have to be adjusted after you put it in, duh! anyways should i just pull out the set screws or readjust them? keep in mind b&m says only put them in if you feel you need to

Thread Information