Thread: Any help please

Black
    02 z28 M6

Any help please

Today I pulled into the mall parking lot to eat and it was wet out and i spun my tires for a second pulling into a spot (it was wet and was a just easing on the throttle not dumping the clutch or anything. I parked and ate then when i came out I backed out of my spot and went down the rows of cars and when i eased off the clutch to leave the lot and when I went to shift into second it was really hard to so I stopped and then after going through the gears with the clutch disengaged it froze up and wouldnt go into any gear while the engine was running. So I shut off the engine and it would. I put it into 1st gear and started the car and then was able to leave the lot fine with no issues. I went to my work and threw it up on the rack and jacked the rear wheels up and went through the gears but I couldnt get it to act up again. So I drove it home fine. Any thoughts?

black
    1999 camaro ss

give us some more info about the car I.E. miles, mods(especailly drivetrain mods) clutch changes etc... it almost sounds like the clutch master was bleeding off some. this will make it seam like your not even pushing the clutch pedal and trying to shift. usually if it starts bleeding off it will do it over again instead of "going back to normal". let me know what you haveand maybe we can help

Black
    02 z28 M6

The car has 76xxx and as far as I know it has never had a clutch replacement. I bought the car in july last year. Only mods are 25% UD crank pulley and exhaust. The car is my DD and usually I baby it and shift at 2-2500 rpm. Recently I have been havin fun on the slick salty roads but I hardly dump the clutch or anything I know the wear and tear that does.

black
    1999 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Shane2390 View Post
    The car has 76xxx and as far as I know it has never had a clutch replacement. I bought the car in july last year. Only mods are 25% UD crank pulley and exhaust. The car is my DD and usually I baby it and shift at 2-2500 rpm. Recently I have been havin fun on the slick salty roads but I hardly dump the clutch or anything I know the wear and tear that does.
    at this point in time i dont tink its goin to be a problem...yet. i still have it in my mind that the master and/or slave bled down. on the bold above, if im right then it dont matter how slow or what rpm u shift at, those clutch components still get used. basically, u still press that pedal down and it goes bak up. think of the master as a type of plunger... if you us it a million times even if the car is off then it is still wearing on it. i would definitely get ready to replace some clutch stuff. try gathering parts rite now like the master, slave, clutch and possibly flywheel. if you ever have to break down and replace this stuff in the near future i would do the "drill mod" while you have it all apart.

Black
    02 z28 M6

Yea, I get what your saying with the plunger. Well I'll just keep driving and hope nothing breaks down till tax return time

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Flush out your clutch hydraulic fluid for some fresh clean stuff

Thread Information