Gray
    1950 Chevy 3600

6.0 to NV4500 VSS

Hello everyone,

First post here, and I'm hoping this question hasn't been asked before (I've been searching for an answer for a while now, but haven't come up with an answer). I'm getting ready to do a 6.0 swap in my 1950 Chevy truck, and I've selected the NV4500 as my transmission. I'm finishing up my wiring, and using lt1swap.com's notes I'm trying to figure out what the PPM from the NV4500's VSS are for tuning and cruise control purposes. The trans is out of a 93 C3500, if that helps. I'm sure someone has done this combo before, but alas, I've been unable to find my answers in my searches. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Red
    2004 Chevy Silverado SS

Off the bat I don't have an answer for your question, however, I will make a point that an nv4500 from a 93 C3500 will be different that one that came out of a Dodge ram. Probably some wiring and maybe even some mechanical parts. I ended up going with a remanufactured nv4500 for my build from these guys https://reman-transmission.com/trans...s/?code=NV4500 and they told me there's distinct differences depending on the year/ model it came in.

Thread Information