Black
    2000 Trans am

Exclamation 00 Trans am M6 Shifting problem?

Ok i have a 2000 Trans am 6 speed...

On normal driving like shifting under 2000-2500 RPM's from 1st through 6th, No problem, easy shifts and smooth...

but the probelem is in mainly my down shifting... i was racing a 2006 Mustang Roush this past night on my way home and i was in 6th at about 75 mph, and i downshifted to 3rd and was woopin his ass... then i came to redline and i tried to shift to 4th, but when i pushed the clutch, and dropped in 4th i felt as if it didnt sit right in, but more like it only went down like half way so i put it bak in neutral and tried to drop again to 4th, all while clutch is pressed 100%, and the second time it also only went half way so i let go of the clutch and it through it out of 4th to neutral, so i pushed clutch and tried again and again it spit it back out... i donno why this is... i hope it is not my tranny i dont have the money to fix right now... anyways this isnt the first time down shifting to 3rd from 6th then to 4th lots of time gives me that problem.. have no idea what to do or what to look into... if yall have had this problem before PLEASE HELP ME OUT... like i said normal shiftinf is fine and downshifting is fine. only at high speeds and high rpms... also sumtimes when going off the line i hit 1st fine, 2nd fine, 3rd fine, and sumtimes 4th het spit back out... but whn i get it in its fine, then 5th is great and 6th is great too.... lemme know asap thanks for ur help.

99 Firebird Formula

It sounds like it is time to upgrade your master & slave cylinder. The 01-02 cars got the good ones, the 98-00 cars got shafted. I had the same problem, the car would shift perfect at any time besides wide open throttle...sometimes it was so bad it would completely lock me out of the gear at the track (like skipshift!). When I put a new clutch in it I also upgraded to the 01-02 master & slave and haven't had a problem shifting since then.

Black
    2013 Coupe

drill mod as well.

Black
    2000 Trans am

drill mod?

Can u please explain to me what the drill mod is and how it is supposed to be performed, and what is it supposed to be? thanks

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

www.installuniversity.com

look for the drill mod there.

at worst case, your shift fork is eF'd

Thread Information