*sigh* clutch issues

Hello everyone,
    The other day I started my car, and as soon as I but it into gear the clutch engaged without me letting go of it. It will go into gear just fine while the car is off, but once I start it, the clutch won't disengage. I drive an 04 gto and I'm wondering what it could be. The reservoir is full of fluid. Any test I should try to determine if it's one of the cylinders(slave/master)
    Thanks in advance
    Lavi

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

it could be a couple of things. Did your pedal feel limp when this happened? Fluid could be leaking interanlly in the slave or master and thus losing presssure but not actually leaking outside. The other option is you're pressure plate maybe gone and not releasing properly, in which case its time for a new clutch.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    it could be a couple of things. Did your pedal feel limp when this happened? Fluid could be leaking interanlly in the slave or master and thus losing presssure but not actually leaking outside. The other option is you're pressure plate maybe gone and not releasing properly, in which case its time for a new clutch.
    ^^^ What he said and what color is you clutch fluid, do you hear any noise coming from the clutch, any fluid on the ground ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

The fluid our darker than I am, and I'm pretty dark,lol. I didn't see any fluid. I can hear a noise in the tranny when I push the clutch in

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

again you may not see fluid because it is leaking internally... does your pedal pressure feel normal or is it very soft? you can eliminate the master cylinder by going under the car and unplugging the master line from the slave, then go inside the car and push the clutch pedal. it should feel very firm, if it starts going down while you have your foot on it then the master is bad. if not then you may have an issue with the slave or clutch pressure plate.

Thread Information