JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

using tighter stall and have a p1870 code?

I just put in a new built tranny and a tighter stall....from a 3500 to a 2800
    I never had it tuned for the 2800 though...its still running with the 3500 stall tune

I did a burn out not long ago and afterwards it seemed like the tranny was stuck in lock up.....that didnt last long though.....after i let the car sit for a couple hours that went away

But at the same time it threw a p1870 code and afterwards its doing funny things.....like a way delayed downshift from 2nd to 1st at wot....

Any got any ideas? I have someone local telling me i have to change out my tcc imidiately or im gonna burn my stall out....

I called Precision industries (maker of the vig stall) and they said it was just tuning and there is no possible way it could burn out the stall it is made for 1600hp

I dont know what to think and im scared of having my car sitting broke down for another entire year like the last time i blew out the tranny pump

Anyone help?

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

red
    2002 z/28

P1870 Trans Component Slipping.never heard of that one.thats the best i could come up with for you sorry.you get any kind of warranty on the tranny.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I think without tuning you will throw all kinds of codes and hit redline and all kinds of crap. Get a tune and see what happens. Do you have a transcooler?

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

the shop that put my stall in said that he hasnt heard of tuning for a stall. all they did was take away torque management and shift delay. i had them do that just to be safe.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Wow. You can get misfire codes/etc and have trouble shifting from a stall. I would hit orion up.

blue
    2000ss

Usually 1870 will come up when the converter is commanded to lock and either does not lock or slips excessively during lockup.
    This can be caused by any other following
    1-TCC solenoid
    2-PWM solenoid or converter regulator valve if it was not disabled during the build which is what we do.
    3-Bad CONVERTER CLUTCH PISTON SEAL OR ORING
    4-Damaged or missing oring on trans input shaft
    5-Sticking TCC valve in pump

While tuning is needed for a high stall this is not a case of the PCM not commanding lockup as you are getting the code so it must be doing its part .
    So I would have to say the 1870 is not a tuning issue but rather one of the things listed above,
    Being that this is a multidisk unit You should feel lockup rather abruptly if its happening

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Thanx man

lol i give up

Im sick of taking this tranny in and out of my car lol....sick and tired of it

Quote Originally Posted by performabuilt View Post
    Usually 1870 will come up when the converter is commanded to lock and either does not lock or slips excessively during lockup.
    This can be caused by any other following
    1-TCC solenoid
    2-PWM solenoid or converter regulator valve if it was not disabled during the build which is what we do.
    3-Bad CONVERTER CLUTCH PISTON SEAL OR ORING
    4-Damaged or missing oring on trans input shaft
    5-Sticking TCC valve in pump

While tuning is needed for a high stall this is not a case of the PCM not commanding lockup as you are getting the code so it must be doing its part .
    So I would have to say the 1870 is not a tuning issue but rather one of the things listed above,
    Being that this is a multidisk unit You should feel lockup rather abruptly if its happening

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

well i got someone else in the area saying i need to replace that TCC solenoid imediately or im gonna burn out that stall.....

can anyone tell me how to remove it? or got any pics of it?

Thread Information