2000 Trans Am

Angry Transmission HELP!!!!!!

Like everyone with a trans am we enjoy feeling the horsepower under our foot when we step on the gas!!! I own a 2000 trans am and about less then a month ago the transmission went out!!! Ok needless to say i paid out of pocket $2,000.00 for a rebuilt 9 clutch transmission with shift package and all that other good stuff. The reason the first one went out was because the 3rd and 4th clutch went out. Less then a month later the same thing happens and I take it to the guy that did it the first time (which by the way is a very well respected mechanic in our community). The transmission work that they did is still under their warranty. And I said to him good thing it's still under warranty. And he has the nerve to tell me well it is if it is something that we screwed up on!!!! I have babied it since i got it back so it surely can't be something I did can it???? And what if he does try and blame it on me what do i do then??? Someone please help!!!!! by the way the transmission is an automatic........please please help

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

sue them if they don't fix it. talk to "zboner" about this kinda thing

Don't know what all you had them do to your trans when they rebuilt it--but generally they always put a shift kit in it as well---IF so They should have known to or they should have told you ( or done it themselves) that when they installed the shift kit--it is mandatory to remove ALL of the TQ management and to set ALL of the shift times to "0"----If this was not done--it would defintely spell disaster for the trans at some point. Another culprit to early A4 trans failure is to mess with the MAF sensor without re-calibrating it--(new ends--aftermarket models--takng out the screen if it came with one)--It you did some of those things--it could be the reson for BOTH failures--Or if THEY messed with the MAF could be their fault.

PS --ALSO installing a stall converter would have the same issues as a shift kit installation would--delete all TQ mgmt-- etc.

Thread Information