Trans hesitating when I hit the gas.

Whenever I hit the gas, sometimes it will hesitate for a second before it actually goes. Almost like I have a stall in it or something. It does it almost every time when I come to a rolling stop at a stop sign. When it finally does kick into gear it's like hitting a hard second and a lot of the times I'll get a chirp out of the tires. It's also been shifting harder lately, too. It's a 2001 SS with about 67k miles. Stock except for exaust and lid/filter. I just had the flywheel replaced because mine broke in three places, don't know if that could have anything to do with it. I drive the car pretty hard, so it didn't sound too far fetched that my tranny is just dying. Any thoughts?

Not sure what your problem is, but if you do drive it hard for the small price of a tranny cooler you may help prevent some issues down the road.
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

If you haven't already, first thing I'd do is double/triple check the fluid level. After my TC install mine shifted funny until I got the level just right, it was really sensative. Use the procedure in the owners manual, it's a pain but eventually you'll get a correct reading. Can you get someone to scan it for any trans codes? Sometimes when something is wrong the PCM will increase the line pressure making it shift harder.

Thread Information