sliver
    2007 trailbalzer ss

trans fried!!!!!!!!!

finally got to race a supercharged cobra didnt get out run but fried the trans!!!!!!! dont know if it was the new conventer or the spray but one of the them got it on the 3rd race. need parts for a 470L trans? whats the best aftermarket place to get them?

Pewter
    00 Camaro SS

I just fried my tranny on my 00 SS running spray sorry for your loss. I'm removing my tranny and taking it to Master Transmission in MInneapolis he said he can build it to hold around 800HP for 2,000 with any converter I want he has a very good rep around town so that's my fix. Good luck!

sliver
    2007 trailbalzer ss

Quote Originally Posted by willing to race View Post
    I just fried my tranny on my 00 SS running spray sorry for your loss. I'm removing my tranny and taking it to Master Transmission in MInneapolis he said he can build it to hold around 800HP for 2,000 with any converter I want he has a very good rep around town so that's my fix. Good luck!
    it doesnt hurt to bad considering i took a 4700 lb trk and out ran a supercharged cobra. i do think i may do away with the spray and go the tubro way. trailbazerbuildup.com has already got 1 making 587 to the wheels and talked to them friday about the trans and a turbo!

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by willing to race View Post
    Me too!! lets start a club. I blew the band off second gear. and that was a "stage one" trans with about 9,000 miles on it. Now im going with the Performabuilt Pro Race series

sliver
    2007 trailbalzer ss

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    Me too!! lets start a club. I blew the band off second gear. and that was a "stage one" trans with about 9,000 miles on it. Now im going with the Performabuilt Pro Race series
    atleast u got 9000 my trailbazer has 2500 on it. i pulled the spray off it and put the stock converter back in and gonna let GM pay for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

LOL sorry to hear.. if you are goign with another stock tranny then you are gunna need to invest in a billet servo and shift kit at a min...

sliver
    2007 trailbalzer ss

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    LOL sorry to hear.. if you are goign with another stock tranny then you are gunna need to invest in a billet servo and shift kit at a min...
    i didnt ask to many questions when gm said they was going to warrenty it ya know!!!!!!!!!! the guy that does the trans for the dealership is the same guy building my brothers for his 99 z. hes putting an LME 408 in it and told me for about 750 on the side he would make my trans hold up to about 700 hp and put my ptc converter in and just not say anything so i didnt have put it back in myself.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

hmm thats kinda cheap.. probrably wont hold 700hp but definatly post what he says he will put in it and im sure it will be stronger than stock. Probrably shift kit, wider clutches, and billet servo would be my guess for that price

Thread Information