ikala476

Unhappy Tranny Won't Go Foward

I rebuild my 125 (3T40) transmission. The problem is that in reverse it works as new, but foward ( D.2,L) I have to accelerate almost to the maximun to move the car foward. What I did wrong?

Thanks, Raymond

blue
    2000ss

There would have to be some issue with the forward clutch or also there isa check ball located among several in the channel plate except this one blocks a hole through the channel plate , if its missing you will have very low line preasure in drive , Do you have a book showing the check ball locations ,
    Last edited by mrr23; 11-26-2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: removed link to website. contact ed blown vert for sponsor information.

ikala476
    Yes, I open the transmission 2 times to put the check balls in their position. What could be happening to the foward clutch.

Thanks, Raymond

blue
    2000ss

well there could be a problem with the sealing rings on the support .A cut or miss installed rubber sealing ring,Missing washer between forward clutch and planet assembly , If reverse works well it basically has to be on of these, There should have been a thick plastic or brass washer between the forward clutch and the planet , Hope this helps a little but anyway you look at it your taking it out , Im afraid
    thanks
    Last edited by mrr23; 11-26-2006 at 05:08 PM. Reason: removed link to website. contact ed blown vert for sponsor information.

ikala476
    Yes I will take it down one more time and check. I hope thats the problem because I'm sure I mount everything by the diagram. I be back to tell how everything end.

Thanks, Raymond

Red
    2001 Sunfire

sorry to highjack your thread but I have a similar problem with my sunfire 2001, but with an automatic 4 speed transmission (2.2L engine)

My transmission does shift exept it "hesitates" sometimes in second gear, at that point i would have to stomp on the gaz to move it foward. In reverse, sometimes it does the same thing. At first it was becasue transmission fluid had leaked completely out, i had a leak on the bottom tranny pan and had to refill and replace the filter. My brother had tried to drive it while the oil was leaked out but it wouldnt go anywhere..., he told me he accelerated hard and the car would not move.
    (unfortunately that's as much as he will admit having done with the car in my absence)

I tested the speeds 1, 2 and 3 by manualy placing them, and only second gear has that problem.
    Any solution suggestions?

Thread Information