Red
    2000 Trans Am

Tranny number 2 gone

Well my Stage 3 Transperformance Trans just blew up, good for 800 horse power my ass. no reverse, first, or second. I had to limp it to a friends and leave it there for the night. it started to act up the other day, hitting rev limiter on 2-3 shift and i thought it was my tune, then my fluid levels, then my tune again. And now its blown. Honestly this builder disappeared off of ebay after i ordered mine through ebay, but he had good feedback. after 6 weeks, 4 of those weeks trying to call and get ahold on him, i got my trans which the case was coated with primer, pan was a old beat deep truck pan. I put my stall in it and threw it in. It ran good for the first 2 months, then started to act up.

He had it advertisted with a 2 year warranty. Ill call his ass tommarow. Now i got to decide wheather i want him to fix it or just give him it back and get my 1400 back. either way im pulling it out and taking it to him! I still got my old trans in the garage maybe have someone else rebuild that for me.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I seriously doubt if he is gonna give you your money back but you should get it fixed for free if you can find him. Good luck!

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ooo we will find his ass. I do have his address, atleast the place he was located 2 months ago. And i got his phone number.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Car is home, trailered it back. called this guy, number is disconnected... The fun begins!

Red
    2000 Trans Am

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I know its a bit late but No way I would ever buy anything off ebay over $200.00. Too much BS like this going on.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

i though nothing of it at the time, his feedback was good, i googled him and looked him up on the forums. saw nothing bad at the time. Hell we have bought to cars on ebay. now it makes me rethink using ebay.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I talk to alot of people who buy cars on Ebay and come out ok but I would never do it. The problem is that even though most sellers are honest people there are always scammers like this jackass you encountered. I hope you can do something about it man and get your money back! Keep us posted on whats going on. Good luck bud.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Ouch sorry to hear about that. 800 HP on a 4L60E? Not happening even if God himself built it. Unless of course in fine print is say only good to about 450 Lb ft. When shopping around next time look at more realistic numbers like 500. I personally wouldn't trust much over than any way especially on the lb ft area.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

im hoping to get a performabuilt stage 2

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    i though nothing of it at the time, his feedback was good, i googled him and looked him up on the forums. saw nothing bad at the time. Hell we have bought to cars on ebay. now it makes me rethink using ebay.
    I have been burned 2 times on ebay. 1st time was I bought a Canada goose winter coat. It was fake as hell and They gave me a Bad feedback because I complained. 2nd time was a truck cover for my dad. waited almost 2 months, called and emailed several times. Then they gave ME bad feedback. Pissed me off bad.

Other than That, I have always had great luck. Bought some high dollar items, and never any problems. Some minor ones but they always reamedy them with a small refund or extra shit. Just bought my Custom 9" from a vendor on there. Awesome experience with outstanding Customer service. Had it to me in 4 Days, and Saved $300 from the lowest price I could find anywhere.

Been useing ebay for 5 years and I won't change.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ I saw a guy (from these forums)that bought a 9" rear on ebay and got rammed dry with no lube. He luckily got his money back but it was a very close call. I would never spend more than a couple hundred on ebay because of all the horror stories.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

im hoping to get a performabuilt stage 2

I was VERY close to buying the same tranny you are wanting (performabuilt)until I did a little bit more research and read some posts on Tech. I read that one guy got 2 bad trannies in a row from them and they wouldnt even help the guy out on the labor costs he paid to have them put in/taken out. The guy wound up getting his rebuilt from a different company. I have read quite a few other similar stories. I changed my mind after this.
    Rossler transmissions-a ls1.com sponsor is supposed to be really good. I will find out the name of one other place I heard of that is supposed to be awsome as well and they dont require you send in a core.
    If you want. Do your research man.

blue
    2000ss

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I was VERY close to buying the same tranny you are wanting (performabuilt)until I did a little bit more research and read some posts on Tech. I read that one guy got 2 bad trannies in a row from them and they wouldnt even help the guy out on the labor costs he paid to have them put in/taken out. The guy wound up getting his rebuilt from a different company. I have read quite a few other similar stories. I changed my mind after this.
    Rossler transmissions-a ls1.com sponsor is supposed to be really good. I will find out the name of one other place I heard of that is supposed to be awsome as well and they dont require you send in a core.
    If you want. Do your research man.
    We are not a sponsor here so I dont advertise however I will say if your going to mention one person we had and issue with who buy the way was fully refunded a long while back .you should also mention the good stuff too heres a few and theres a whole lot more.The internet is a very decieving place when it comes to feedback and stories because considering happy people rarely have anything to say because well they are happy.But every person whos unhappy always has something to say. At the same time we have alot of good feedback on tech and other places bellow are a few you can also do a search there and on the GTO forum and visit our own testimonials page on our website , There are links there to directly contact many of them.
    Again I am not advertising but rather defending our name in this a public forum, Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
    Could not agree more!

I have 11,000 miles on my Level 1 with a 3k stall and it is flawless. Even with the nitrous, its never missed a shift or done any complaining of any kind! I'll be getting a Level 3 for my 427.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
    I have a lvl 2 with a yank pt4000 converter had mine since feb about 4K miles doing just great

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluehawk2
    I have a lv 2 with my H/C nitrous combo. I have Performabuilt's 3800 stall. I have had it for almost 20 k miles and have had no probs with it. It shifts great and is holding up very well. I would recomend getting a little bigger stall than you think because their converters are tight. My car is very streetable even with a larger stall.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
    I have a level 1 with there 3000 stall..i love it so far...i probably have about 6000 miles on my'n..it made the car so much more fun to drive..I've only been to the track once since i got it...but between the trans/stall and my 3.42 gears i went from a 13.4 to a 12.5 in the 1/4. There customer service is awesome, and there always there to help...even on sundays...I will be getting another trans from them once i finally build the motor i want..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSmoken
    level 2, 3200 stall and 3:73's. have had it a few months now, only about 6-10 track passes on 100shot. 11.71. nice and firm/fast shifts at wot. badass trannys imo.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by colby72olds
    Yall are getting me excited. When my Jeep sales I will be getting a Performabuilt level 2, it makes me a lot more comfortable knowing everyone is happy with theirs. I just have to decide on which stall.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RICEETER
    have a level 3 with a yank ss3600 and am very pleased. holding up to the 150 shot very well also. havent quite had it a year yet, but still running strong

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 99 Pewter TA
    I have the lvl 2 and a vig 3800 stall with 3000 miles (hard) and its holding up great. Frank is a great guy to deal with and answers all my questions. I haven't been to the track yet but I am sure my 60' will improve. I will definately buy from them again.

1999Z28
    TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 0
    Thumbs up for Performabuilt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got done installing a Level 2 Performabuilt Transmission with their 3200 converter for a guy here locally.

It drove beautifully and shifted just as well.
    12.307 @ 113.14 w/ 1.85 60ft
    btw...it's an automatic

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Hey thats great! am sure you sell a great product. No doubt. Just telling the man what changed my mind personally. He has the free will to do whatever he pleases.
    I simply told him that a SPONSOR on this site had a great rep from what I read. I also told him to do his research. I dont see why you are so defensive. Noone bashed you OR stated anything that wasnt read in the sponser feedback section on TECH. Thats why these forums were created -to share information.

blue
    2000ss

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Hey thats great! am sure you sell a great product. No doubt. Just telling the man what changed my mind personally. He has the free will to do whatever he pleases.
    I simply told him that a SPONSOR on this site had a great rep from what I read. I also told him to do his research. I dont see why you are so defensive. Noone bashed you OR stated anything that wasnt read in the sponser feedback section on TECH. Thats why these forums were created -to share information.
    Thats fine I just wanted people to see it all and theres alotta storie behind that one. Also we are about to become a sponsor on here. Thanks

Red
    2000 Trans Am

being that i have read alot of good feedback and they sponser the forums, i dont see any problem. And no worry about labor cost i install my own shit.

blue
    2000ss

being that i have read alot of good feedback and they sponser the forums, i dont see any problem. And no worry about labor cost i install my own shit.
    And you are in reality our core customer guys who do it them selves

Thread Information